How to seafoam!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

foreverfalcon40

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well I did it today. If course I left my camera at the shop. Wait a few days for pics and videos!

I AM getting a Black Bear Tune 7am on Sunday. I'm driving straight from work in NY to CT about 3-4hr drive. Sleeping in my truck till Justin wakes me up. Tunes me and I drive back to NY just intime to work a fukll 10 hour day!

Seafoam...takes about 5 mins. Your an IDIOT if you don't do it! Its just that simple. I've only noticed so far more pick-up!

My engine is pretty clean to begin with since I just recently did my heads and some cleaning of the UIM and pistons while I was at it. I thought it would smoke more but it didn't.

FIRST and FORMOST, I'd like to thank Jim Davis @ Seafoam for personally taking my phonecall and answering all my questions before I put SEAFOAM in my truck.

What you will need

1) Funnel or Screwdriver (to put it in the gas)
2) I used a 20oz disposable Cup and eyed into fours as measuring points
3) SEAFOAM

First and formost my truck is tapped for boost : ) So it ill be a lilttle different.

What you need to know.

YOU DO NOT NEED TO CHANGE YOUR OIL WHEN DOING SEAFOAM! Jim Davis himself personally puts it in his oil and drives it that way until thnext oil change. Removes sludge and build up as well as keep it to a minmial! IT IS SYNTHETIC OIL FRIENDLY!

You MUST.

have atleast 5-8 gallons of gas in your truck.
The correct Vacum Source to suck it through is next to the BRAKE BOOSTER. Runs Parallel.

1) Gas: I had a quater of a tank left and I put in 5 more gallons worth of gas.

RULE IS: 1 oz per gallon.

2) We have 5 quarts of oil in our engine. 1 and half onces per quart AKA 7 n 1/2 Onces of seafoam into where we put out oil.

3) I did this byself so I ran a long Vac line into a position where I I can tilt the cup witht he hose on the deep and gas it.

4) Start your engine in a well ventilated area THERE WILL BE SMOKE! I reved my truck at 3000rpms till the smoke was gone. Looked in my cup there was still some seafoam in it. Got that sucked in and gassed it more!

5) Re installed Vac line and be done!

:party33:

[yt]iKgf1mcshW4[/yt]

Last edited:

BOSS

The People's A D M I N
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So what is creating the white smoke?

Good luck on your tune, you're gunna love it bro. Good story that you're driving so far and sleeping in your truck :waytogo:

B

OP
OP
foreverfalcon40

foreverfalcon40

Full Access Member
Reaction score
All the stuff burning out?

Yeah, I just don't know yet what to ask for in my tune. Think I'm gonna keep running 87 octane though. Just want to make sure I'm squeezing all the MPG and HP for the mods done as of right now. I would upgrade octane in gas don't think there will be a significance in HP...I don't drag race this thing!

OP
OP
foreverfalcon40

foreverfalcon40

Full Access Member
Reaction score
nope i finished the can...then i let the truck idle as i put all the shit away and went for a lil test drive.

96ProCompTahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
mine came out and watched when i did it to the camaro, its to loud to hear what they said... but damn was it fun. people on the highway sure didn't know what to think.

good to hear what vac. line to use, need to get around to doing this to my Hoe. im sure those 175,000 miles have left some crap in the engine... haha

cichlid_baby

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I thought that in our OBS trucks, the vacuum line only went to 2 out of the 8 cylinders, thus making the seafoam pointless through the vacuum.

It's been recommended that the only way to fully treat our OBS is through the gas tank.

Can someone chime in to confirm this?

destroyer1362

A work in progress
Reaction score
I thought that in our OBS trucks, the vacuum line only went to 2 out of the 8 cylinders, thus making the seafoam pointless through the vacuum.

It's been recommended that the only way to fully treat our OBS is through the gas tank.

Can someone chime in to confirm this?

I just looked where my vac line goes in. It goes straight into the intake manifold towards the back. If it were only connected to 2 of the cylinders your vac pressure would would fluctuate like crazy and it probably would not give you enough vac to even run the brake booster. So as I see it, it is connected to all 8 cylinders.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Trackman