How to remove the door jamb switch...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bowtiefreak

No Quarter
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So how do you do it? I attempted to do this around 6 am this morning in the dark because it was pissing me off. I now have half the switch in my hand and before I go back out to look at it how doe the rest come out of the dash? it is the passenger side. I have the pin and the spring out obviously and the body of the switch is still in the dash.

718frankb

LOCAL 282 TEAMSTERS
Reaction score
its a squeeze type holding clips. try to drop the glove box and get your fingers on the switch squeeze it and push it out

OP
OP
bowtiefreak

bowtiefreak

No Quarter
Supporting Member
Reaction score
thanks for the post. I went out at lunch and it is much easier with light. old switch is out and I am picking up the new one later. There is no salvaging what I did this morning. A $5 part is not worth my time to fix. AC Delco part # 15739935 for future reference

piranah

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Way, way late to this party, but when I was installing bluetooth mic in my truck, i snapped the driver door one....its $5.02 at autozone (after tax here) and it needs a 22 mm one for a 99 4door hoe....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ep33401