How To: 03 4.8L Tahoe - SeaFoam treatment - 135k miles

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TexasYahoe

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I decided to do the seafoam treatment to my 2003 4.8L Tahoe. It has a ruff idle, pretty sluggish, and some other issues. It also has 135k miles (I got it when it had 85k). This is also the first time I have used seafoam in this vehicle. Oh yeah, I also put a few ounces of 2-stroke oil in the gas tank (TC-W3 for liquid cooled engines) to help the fuel pump, injectors, engine, etc.

I put 1/4 bottle in the engine oil, and let the rest be sucked up by the PCV hose/valve that goes from the driver side valve cover (far rear) up to the top center of the intake manifold, while the engine is running. All you have to do is pull up on it and it comes out (the suction holds it tight, no need for a bolt or clamp).

I turned the engine off and let it sit for about 10 minutes, started it up and let it idle for a minute or two, then took it for a drive.

This video is right as I take it for a drive. lots and lots of smoke, which is good:
[yt]if8sVEWdeT0[/yt]

This video is about 5 minutes into the drive. I stopped in a park to get the rest of the carbon build up out (smoke) where it wouldn't bother anyone too much (and some weird kid walked out of the woods with big garden clippers, asking for a smoke, wow haha):
[yt]ugUaP-T6QpU[/yt]

Here are some pictures of the PCV tube location, and how I sucked in the Seafoam with it:
IMAG1832.gif

IMAG1834.gif

IMAG1835.gif

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
missymom68