How many of us had our rides busted into?!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mech5700

Reaction score
So this morning I went out to my truck to go to work... Drivers side lock cylinder popped, door ajar, GPS-MAGLITE-SUBS, GONE.

Awesome...

Cool thing is, is that it happened in front of my house, about 20 foot away from my bedroom window... didn't hear a thing.

Time for an alarm. I've done a ton of research on this site n see that everyone has good experience with whatever system they chose. I'm plannin on dumpin about $500 installed. Sound about right for a 2-way remote start/security system? What ya'll think as long as its a compustar, autopage, viper, or clifford? Can i go wrong as long as I have a good installer?

---------- Post added at 09:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:40 PM ----------

Also, how well do proxy sensors work with these vehicles?

ROBERTOcritser

Full Access Member
Reaction score
my brothers car (not a tahoe or yukon) got broke into just last night and stole his memphis amp and 2 alpine subs. it was an old I think 89 chevy celebrity that he drives around college and he lives in an apartment and it just happened right outside in the apt complex parking lot. I would be furious if that were me but shit happens. anyway, Ive been tryin to get my parents to buy me the viper 5901 for christmas and the total price for me wouldve been like $610 installed tax included but thats with the parts at $500 and on the viper site its $600. many people have viper and love em.

matt14

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have never had my personal cars broken into, but my best friend just had his colorado broken into about a week ago outside his house. They got his kenwood dd with navi, his amps and subs, and his ipod. They also got his wifes car as well, and got the same deck that he had in his truck.

jomulk56

Resident Lurker
Reaction score
I have nothing of value inside the Denali. They'd get away with a few CD's/DVD's and maybe $5. When I get wheels I'll get an alarm/remote start. I think anything DEI is good.

Copper&Black

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yup, only my stupid ass had a spare key in the center console and away it went. Ended up getting it back striped of the system. One of the worst feelings!

AssholeTheif.gif

Theif.gif

P1010017.gif

P1010008.gif

P1010004.gif

Had I been at my desk to view the Camera feed the guy would be dead...oh well Karma's a *****

tast101

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not my Kon, but when I had my Monte Carlo someone busted out my window, broke some stuff inside, and threw my registration in my neighbors yard.

180002777_bc5f42ffd8_b.jpg

180002732_8151bf537c_b.jpg

180002699_ebd5e575d6_b.jpg

Pudge07

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I had somone try and get into mine. Luckily they tried to unlock the door from the inside and the alarm scared them off.

20090407093222.jpg

titanium02

w7's or bust.
Reaction score
*knock on wood*

hasn't happened yet... came close tho. I was walking out to mine one night and saw 3 guys scoping it out... two were lookout and one was on my passenger door looking thru the tints to see what was inside.

I chirped the alarm and they looked around for a minute.. then they went back to the pass. door.. I hit the panic button and they walked off.

BlueTahoe2001

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Damn, Sorry to hear man... At least they didn't try to steal your ride. Like Titanium02 said (Knock on wood) that it hasn't happened to me yet... After seeing this I am moving a Alarm system to the top of my to-do list.

vatahoelt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
looking at my kenwood ddx514 sitting in the box here, this thread makes me nervous. had an old honda that was broken into in my HS parking lot. took my CD book, headunit, front tweeters(had them surface mounted, not flush), couldn't get any of my other speakers since they didn't have a philips screwdriver, just a flathead which they used to pop the lock.