How many Catalytic Converter??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
longstand

longstand

Full Access Member
Reaction score
thanks for the reply guys.....

Is it True.. if there is no Cat Converter it save more Gas?

TahoeTaz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Maybe back in the early 70's, but now engines are designed to work with them, and you aren't going get that much better gas mileage on a stock engine with the cat removed. Plus its not street legal in most states (that I know of) to be driving without one

our97ho

Reaction score
If your in cali your gonna have 2 cats and if you got true duals gonna have four 02 censors DAMN SMOG LAWS

OP
OP
longstand

longstand

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hell with it. hehe. if i will not save money on gas for not having cat converter. i will just pay 180 to pass the truck Illegally

dwmmatt23

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hell with it. hehe. if i will not save money on gas for not having cat converter. i will just pay 180 to pass the truck Illegally

If you dont replace it im sure your mileage will suffer more, I just replaced mine in Fresno after driving around with a P0420 code (other side from yours) and gained back a few miles per gallon. So yes a Cat will increase your mileage

Danny_Z56

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When i had a flex pipe issue with my 2004 9C1 Impala,i just replaced the whole down pipe,flex pipe,and cat with a Magnaflow unit (its all one piece).The magnaflow unit flowed better and had a better over all design.

Out of all the mods i did to that Impala,the biggest gain i felt was from that Magnaflow unit.Also the MF unit was cheaper in cost than a OEM replacement....It was really a win win for me :)

For example: The stock down pipe had a U bend that really restricted exhaust flow,the MF unit had no U bend and was strait through.The cat looked better as well.Really good bang for the buck.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rick9667

Latest posts