How high can i go with cranking and rear blocks?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

1BADI5

Supporting Member
Reaction score
@bowtiefreak any insight here? You appear to be pretty knowledgeable on the topic

Thanks in advance

jerryjoe28

That Guy
Reaction score
I read and seen conflicting reports here

Crank the key while the truck is on the ground or with the front wheels off the ground.

My area of expertise in truck suspension has been lowering them for the last 15 years...... so lifts are generally new to me.

Any advice will be appreciated.

LASTLY: are the OEM Bilsteins fine with a 2/2 lift? or do I need to look into shocks with longer travel?

im not kris but ill give my 2 cents lol...... it doesn't really matter if you do the keys on the ground or in the air. either way the sys will need to cycle a few times before you measure it any way. for this reason I prefer to do it on the ground. just because I don't like to go up and down on the lift every time!

on the bilsteins I would think they would be ok with just 2" but if it where me I would just call them direct. they have great customer service and will tell you exactly what you need!

1BADI5

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks @jerryjoe28

I ended up jacking the truck up to crank(level)the front out.

The thought of calling Bilstein has crossed my mind.

Again, thanks for your feedback

jerryjoe28

That Guy
Reaction score
Thanks @jerryjoe28

I ended up jacking the truck up to crank(level)the front out.

The thought of calling Bilstein has crossed my mind.

Again, thanks for your feedback

yea cranking to level is no problem.

deff give them a call. they will tell you exactly what shock you need for your truck

Rob Scariano

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Crank on ground with weight on wheels.

I've done it many times with no issues. You will get various opinions. However, I've never had a problem.

Just make sure to realign it once you get to your final height. My torsion bars are cranked to the top. It rides rough but that's only because the stock upper control arms are limited in their design.

If you want it to ride good at max crank, you will have to upgrade the upper control arms. Cost a bit but worth the investment.

1BADI5

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the feedback @Rob Scariano

I have it leveled right now, but once I buy new shocks and the blocks it will go up soon. And yes, as soon as I get it cranked and blocked its going right in for the alignment; thankfully the shop is only 2.5 miles down the street

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Off Road Pedia

Latest posts