Hmi Module Upgrade/ onstar

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Cha0s13

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just upgraded my module so I now have navigation in my Tahoe. The new module has Xm weather Icon and a traffic icon. I call Xm to have these activated, but since my original setup did not have this, they are saying my radio doesnt support this. Any advice on how to explain i have a new module to accept these features to them?

OP
OP
Cha0s13

Cha0s13

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I kept trying to tell them that. The communication was very difficult. After being sent to the 4th rep and still having a communication/language issue I told them I would call back. They said the might have to send error fix signal to my radio?

FlyFlip420

Reaction score
Strange. Do you know if your radios number changed? If so, give them the new number. I believe it's on the radio screen

OP
OP
Cha0s13

Cha0s13

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm guessing the module change didn't change the radio number. Because the radio number that displays on the screen is the one I gave them and they're saying that my vehicle isn't equipped. :( The said something about sending a diagnostic signal to trouble shoot but wanted some opinions before I did that. Do you think it would mes with any programing?

Last edited:
OP
OP
Cha0s13

Cha0s13

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well just got off the phone with them and they are saying they cant send the travel/weather option to the radio even though I have the new Nav module. I tried to explain I have the navigation now, but they say they cant send it to the radio because it doesnt have the option. Grrrrrrrrrrrrr

Denali132

Banned
Reaction score
You should get in contact with MVI they're the one that programed my HMI to give me video in motion and everything else. They can also add factory navigation to vehicles that don't have it via a splitter that goes into the Onstar module. If you need they're number let me know because they could fix it

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge

OP
OP
Cha0s13

Cha0s13

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OK finally after talking to them for the third time I finally got them to hook everything up after I explained that I had all the new icons on the radio and they prompted me for a subscription to activate them. :)

Marc Marc

Reaction score
OK finally after talking to them for the third time I finally got them to hook everything up after I explained that I had all the new icons on the radio and they prompted me for a subscription to activate them. :)
How much are they charging just for the traffic and weather option? I have this capability but do not get the traffic situation with my current XM subscription.

OP
OP
Cha0s13

Cha0s13

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Weather/travel is 1.99 a month and the Nav/traffic is 3.99 i think;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
meandmyhoe20

Latest posts