HIDs Installed!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TheFuzz

Idiot Police
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Class got cancelled tonight, so as soon as I got home from the gym, guess what I found waiting for me:

HIDConversion004.jpg

Opened it up:
HIDConversion005.jpg

Opened the boxes inside the boxes, and finally got to the goods:
HIDConversion006.jpg

Install wasn't too hard, but I was working in the dark with a flashlight so it took a little longer than I expected. Initially the passenger side wasn't firing, but with DenaliAK's help I got it figured out - props to him for the prompt PM responses (thanks again man!). I had one of the ballast connectors reversed, an easy fix. Switched it around, and they both fired right up.

I went from this:
HIDConversion009.jpg

To this:
HIDConversion012.jpg

Quite a difference! These things are BRIGHT...pics really don't do it justice. This is an Apexcone Raptor 55w 5000K kit from DDM Tuning for those of you wondering.

From the front:
HIDConversion015.jpg

HIDConversion014.jpg

And lastly, strictly for entertainment value because its a cool/weird picture, I somehow managed to get the f-stop stuck open on my digital camera when I was trying to take the "before" picture in the street. This is the result:

HIDConversion007.jpg

The speedo kinda looks like fireworks...

DenaliAK

Colder than you
Reaction score
Glad we got it figured out quick...I like the easy fixes. Looks good, man. Quite a dramatic improvement in output, I'd say.

:rocking:

Rivieraracing

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Glad you got them figured out as well and like them!! I had to install my connections backwards on both ballasts to make them work!! I love mine!!

OP
OP
TheFuzz

TheFuzz

Idiot Police
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks guys, I'm stoked to finally have these things running. Overall they are mostly white, but there is still just a *slightly* larger amount of blue than I was expecting, especially at startup. Not a big deal though, I'm very, VERY happy with it.

One thing that I did notice is that it seems to take a pretty long time to warm up fully when you first fire them. Like around 15-20 seconds to reach max output. My '99 Envoy (factory HID) was up to full output almost immediately, so this strikes me as odd.

Oh well though, for $52 shipped how can you complain? The road that I take to work every morning is extremely dark (ie, blackness, no street lights at all) and completely riddled with elk and deer...I can't wait to see how much more clearly I'll be able to see with these!

Rivieraracing

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You will get use to the warmup time on these, I did!! Also the amount of some blue suprised me as well but the more I drive with them the less I am noticing them being blue at all!! What you have to do now is do some fogs with HID's, that's the money shot when it comes to back roads!!

Yuk_Nali_6.0

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks good. 5000K is my favorite. Glad to see you put them in projectors!

I recommend the 4-high mod if you haven't done it already.

IMAG0064.jpg

Last edited:

puckhead

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks nice! You will love em on those dark 2 lane roads!

NJ04HOE

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Glad to hear you got them installed earlier than you planned, they look great. Enjoy

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sleeeper