HID vs LED

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mikes07

Reaction score
Thinking about trying some led bulbs in lows and fogs. Was wondering if anyone has a set in there truck and if they have the light output as the HIDs

the_wood

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
LEDs are almost always dimmer than HIDs (especially 4300k temp). I'd do it for fogs, but definitely not for your low beams. Good luck!

TheAutumnWind

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not for your lows, factory fogs are just there to look pretty so I suppose your fine putting them in the fogs if you don't use them on the street.

Justinj360

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I purchased some 68-SMD LEDs for my fog lights in my 2004 and I can't tell the difference between on and off when I'm driving. Regular bulbs were brighter. They're just for looks now. 68 per bulb was the highest amount of LEDs I could find for them. I have some in my reverse lights with 120 each and those are awesome! If you could find some with more LEDs you should be good. Haven't ever tried LEDs in my lows before.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Skywagon

Latest posts