HID deal

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sparg93

Expedition Tahoe
Reaction score
any recommendation on modifying the stockers?

35w should be ok in the stock housing?

Tdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Educate me... what is the difference between a 9005CB and the HID kit you are talking about. The HID is for low beams, correct?

dropmech

Puddle Pirate
Reaction score
Is that harness needed for the 35w kit? Mine's already on the way but I didn't order the harness.

OP
OP
DenaliAK

DenaliAK

Colder than you
Reaction score
Depends on how lucky you are. Probably not necessary for headlights, but if you're running the fogs I'd get it as they are a lower wattage bulb so most likely have wimpy wiring. Also depends on the quality of the ballasts. To be safe, get a wiring harness, but if you don't it could work fine, too.

lol

I'm sure that was helpful. It just depends on the vehicle, ballasts, your current draw, battery condition....

tom q

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I ordered a 55W kit 4 days ago and I got it yesterday....talk about QUICK SHIPPING. I'm planning to install this weekend. Is there much difference between my 35W 6000K vs. 55W 8000K?

tybardy

everyone needs a Hoe
Reaction score
i ordered some HIDs (took some flack for being a poser)...

Anyone know a good housing to make the HIDs perform to their intended capability?

OP
OP
DenaliAK

DenaliAK

Colder than you
Reaction score
Got mine Monday, but haven't had a chance to install yet. It just snowed 1 1/2 feet and it's about 5 degrees, so I'm in no rush to lay under the truck and freeze my butt off. Having no garage in this weather is a bummer.

Tybardy: There are numerous threads on good projectors for HID's, but the consensus seems to be that DEPO makes the best aftermarket ones. They should do fine, and can be found from varioius vendors in the $130 range in a few different styles.

If I can borrow a friend's garage, I am going to try to get mine installed in the next couple of days.

These Raptor 55w ballasts are HUGE. Bigger then my OEM ballasts in my retro, and I thought those were big....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jcraddick11