Helper Bags

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Devious02

Full Access Member
Reaction score
:mexsmoke:I did the free travel mod on my truck, my arm is still shacking form the sawzaw LOL. I see that some of you are using the helper bags to help with ride quality. What gain do you get for them and what kind should I get for my 5 drop? Also how do you install them?

HokieHigh

Full Access Member
Reaction score
airlift 1000 i believe, and they go inside the rear spring. yoiu rout the airline somewhere to the rear of your vehicle so it is accessable and you can fill up the bags with an air compressor. i would only run 4-5 psi tops that is perfect anymore and you will start liftng the rear back up

Max

Mile High
Reaction score
Airlift 60769 kit is what you want, makes the truck ride nicer and dramatically increases stability when towing. Only downside is that you'll have to run a few psi in the bags constantly which will raise the truck a hair. I have yet to swap my bags into the new coils as I'm loving the stiffer springrate from these belltech 4230 trailblazer coils along with the bilstein 5100 shocks I'm running in back :D

OP
OP
Devious02

Devious02

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Okay, Well how much is the whole setup to keep the PSI at the correct level? Iam running the Belltech SP shocks in all 4 Corners and DJM Spings. I think I need to do the control arms to any Ideas Cheap??

wade

Reaction score
Just installed the bags on my stock height Denali. Was a ***** to get them in the spring, so I dropped the rear end by unbolting the shocks at the bottom and letting the sway bar go, pulled the oem springs out completely, removed the rubber isolators, put the bags in and reinstalled it all.

Dismay

Full Access Member
Reaction score
can you even get them in without taking the springs out? don't the stock isolators need to be swapped for the included ones with the holes in the middle? I'm just guessing here based on the pictures I've seen of the kit.