Help ....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Black71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How do you take the circular emblem in the steering wheel out i want to paint it to match my other bowties ( my cousins a painter ) I just dont wanna go yanking on it and set off my airbag or anything like that dose it pop off or adhesive or ? Thanks for any help you may have

zach2011

Platinum Member
Reaction score
You have to remove the airbag off the steering wheel. On both sides of the wheel, there are 2 paper clip-sized holes that you have to stick something in and press simultaneously, then the airbag cover comes off, and then you take the airbag out and the emblem is held on by a bolt or something similar.

There's a few others here who have done the process that could elaborate better.

OP
OP
Black71

Black71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i got frantic yesterday and decided to try and get it off and i just used a flat head and worked it off its just 5 clips that slide in and grip the edges idk how well its gona go back in might have to adhesive it or something but its being painted right now

Punisher66

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Don't try and put it back in with the clips you could damage the airbag as it is right under that badge. I hope by prying it off you didn't damage the bag already. The problem with glueing it on, is that those pins are there for a reason. If you ever get in an accident and deploy the airbag the badge will come flying off an lodge in your face. The clips are there to hold it to the caseing so it does not come off during deployment.

OP
OP
Black71

Black71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i ended up useing just enough super glue so it dont go nowhere.
" i may end up with a chevvy emblem lodges in my face if i ever get in a wreck but at least its a sexy black and red emblem" lol

Punisher66

Full Access Member
Reaction score
" i may end up with a chevvy emblem lodges in my face if i ever get in a wreck but at least its a sexy black and red emblem" lol

Touche. HAHA

---------- Post added at 04:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:46 PM ----------

Take a picture, I wanna see it at least.

ICON

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Wow man thats pretty shifty... Patience is a virtue... Should have googled it before you started prying it off. Just my .2 cents...

OP
OP
Black71

Black71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yea i know true that.. it looks good but i may end deathed by chevy emblem.
I Called about a new one and it turns out you can only get it with an airbag asembly ( go figure ) Il post a pic of it soon

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
That_FZ