HELP!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

michaelgoolsbyinf

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I am at a complete loss. My 2003 chevy tahoe, 5.3 vin t-LM7 keeps going into limp mode. It started, and maybe once a month it would go into limp mode. Error code said throttle body. Ok new Hitachi Throttle Body and wire harness. It was good for another month, limp mode again, I replaced the pedal assy, did not solve anything, replaced the throttle pcm with a new one, nothing, it keeps going into limp mode. Im I keep my foot on the pedal it good, but as soon as I take my foot off, it will go into limp mode. Today I have anew problem also, I parked, came back 20 minutes later, and everything on my cluster now dont work. HELP!!!! I am at a complete loss.

drakon543

Full Access Member
Reaction score
definitely possible ground issue or just a separate issue as i believe thats around the year to have terrible clusters. so lets start with the original issue and what bit if experience i have with it. first who did the work you or a shop? during any of all those parts replacements was the battery unhooked for a significant amount of time? if the parts were replaced but the battery was never unhooked and allowed to drain down the remaining electricity in the ecm your liable to still have the same original issue. presuming your have the fly by wire the ecm needs to relearn the home position and swing arc of the tb and the new throttle pedal. leaving the battery unhooked for a significant period of time (30min +) should force the ecm to trigger a relearn. if that was never done your original issue could have just been a lost home position due to an aging tb. ive actually fixed a couple with a similar issue with 0 money spent doing this.

OP
OP
M

michaelgoolsbyinf

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
definitely possible ground issue or just a separate issue as i believe thats around the year to have terrible clusters. so lets start with the original issue and what bit if experience i have with it. first who did the work you or a shop? during any of all those parts replacements was the battery unhooked for a significant amount of time? if the parts were replaced but the battery was never unhooked and allowed to drain down the remaining electricity in the ecm your liable to still have the same original issue. presuming your have the fly by wire the ecm needs to relearn the home position and swing arc of the tb and the new throttle pedal. leaving the battery unhooked for a significant period of time (30min +) should force the ecm to trigger a relearn. if that was never done your original issue could have just been a lost home position due to an aging tb. ive actually fixed a couple with a similar issue with 0 money spent doing this.
Yes battery was completely disconnected for 7+ hours. Also solved the cluster issue, it was a wire on the cluster pigtail.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes battery was completely disconnected for 7+ hours. Also solved the cluster issue, it was a wire on the cluster pigtail.

So are you back up and running or still having problems? If not, I suggest subscribing to the troubleshooting guide at AllDataDIY and get after it instead of throwing parts at it.

OP
OP
M

michaelgoolsbyinf

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Update....
Still having issues with limp mode, I have taken every step I know, throttle body replaced, pcm replaced, pedal replaced, grounds on everything, battery unhooked, during all parts replacement, battery unhooked for 7+ hours, battery unhooked and + and - jumped for 5 hours. One code P1515, I reset, next time its P2135, reset, next time it will be a different code. I am at the point of burn this thing to the ground...LOL

mwilson62000

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Long shot, but on my 03 Tahoe I was having same issue. I started it in my driveway one day and wiggled the throttle body Harness cables, then wiggled the connectors going to the TAC module. (On firewall drivers side) When I wiggled the 16 pin connector, it went into limp mode. I shut it off cleared code, started it and wiggled the connector again and it went into limp mode again. I found that 16 pin harness at lmctruck.com (I think) and soldiered that new harness in place. From that day on for about 2-3 yesar until I sold it, never had it go into limp mode again while driving. I did randomly get limp mode immediately after I started it, but shut it off, wait a few seconds and start it up and would be fine. Only happened maybe once or twice a month. Much bettter than unexpectedly going into limp mode while driving.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ihaveatahoetoo

Latest posts