!! Help With Install of Street Scene SS Bumper Cover !!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

FarFromStock

Reaction score
Anyone install one of these on their Tahoe before?
It is the Street Scene Urethane Generation 6 SS Bumper Cover / Valance Combo (part #950-70143)

950-70143.jpg

Getting ready to have a shop paint it and am wondering if anyone has installed one of these on their Tahoe? Wondering what kind of fitment or problems arose in the process. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Based on the directions, the installation sounds pretty straight forward and I am thinking it should not be too hard to install myself. That way I can save some cash for other mods, rather than paying the body shop to put it on. However, when it comes to fitting body parts and getting them to align correctly it can sometimes be challenging. I have not pre-fit it yet, just trying to reach out to the forum before hand so I know what I am getting myself into.

I have also heard some horror stories about bumper covers getting a nasty budge in the middle when installing or the need of washers to level out the top. Wondering if anyone has any prior experience with installing these and if so did any problems arise? Any tips or pointers? Or if it would be worth paying the extra money to just have the shop install it and avoid a possible headache.

In reading over the directions the recommended installation seems pretty straightforward and simple (especially compared to the other mods I have previously done). Seems kinda hokey how they recommend installing with 4 screws and some double sided tape. I guess wind pressure is going to be pushing it against the bumper not pulling it off anyhow.

After reading the directions the only other thing I was thinking might help with the installation would be covering the OEM bumper with silicone sealer everywhere that makes contact with the inside of the bumper cover. Then using the supplied 3M double stick tape to adhere the underside of the Bumper cover to the top of the OEM bumper and using the 4 screws as described in the directions.

installation Instructions from Street Scene Website
1) Remove the factory lower valance.
2) If your vehicle has factory fog / driving lights remove them & zip tie the wires to keep them
out of the way. NOTE: Your factory fog / lights will no longer be connected.
3) Clean the upper cap on bumper with a suitable cleaner to promote adhesion of tape.
4) Clean the top underside of bumper cover as you did to the upper cap.
5) Apply the two sided tape to the underside of the S/S Bumper Cover. Leave the backing on at this time.
6) Place the bumper cover over the front bumper.
7) Drill two holes on each side through bumper cover and into the steel bumper. Install the screws provided.
8) Remove the backing from the two sided tape and apply pressure to adhere the tape.

My Tahoe is Black and has the same grill and black bowtie as the pictures below. This is pretty much the finally look I have been looking to achieve. Not sure who's Truck this is but it looks sweet, thanks for the motivation.
image1.jpeg
image2.jpeg

MrBalll

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know several members on here have the bumper. Can't recall names right now, but just go search for the term bumper and look around topics in general. You're bound to come across some.

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
Anyone install one of these on their Tahoe before?
It is the Street Scene Urethane Generation 6 SS Bumper Cover / Valance Combo (part #950-70143)

View attachment 201093

Getting ready to have a shop paint it and am wondering if anyone has installed one of these on their Tahoe? Wondering what kind of fitment or problems arose in the process. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Based on the directions, the installation sounds pretty straight forward and I am thinking it should not be too hard to install myself. That way I can save some cash for other mods, rather than paying the body shop to put it on. However, when it comes to fitting body parts and getting them to align correctly it can sometimes be challenging. I have not pre-fit it yet, just trying to reach out to the forum before hand so I know what I am getting myself into.

I have also heard some horror stories about bumper covers getting a nasty budge in the middle when installing or the need of washers to level out the top. Wondering if anyone has any prior experience with installing these and if so did any problems arise? Any tips or pointers? Or if it would be worth paying the extra money to just have the shop install it and avoid a possible headache.

In reading over the directions the recommended installation seems pretty straightforward and simple (especially compared to the other mods I have previously done). Seems kinda hokey how they recommend installing with 4 screws and some double sided tape. I guess wind pressure is going to be pushing it against the bumper not pulling it off anyhow.

After reading the directions the only other thing I was thinking might help with the installation would be covering the OEM bumper with silicone sealer everywhere that makes contact with the inside of the bumper cover. Then using the supplied 3M double stick tape to adhere the underside of the Bumper cover to the top of the OEM bumper and using the 4 screws as described in the directions.

installation Instructions from Street Scene Website
1) Remove the factory lower valance.
2) If your vehicle has factory fog / driving lights remove them & zip tie the wires to keep them
out of the way. NOTE: Your factory fog / lights will no longer be connected.
3) Clean the upper cap on bumper with a suitable cleaner to promote adhesion of tape.
4) Clean the top underside of bumper cover as you did to the upper cap.
5) Apply the two sided tape to the underside of the S/S Bumper Cover. Leave the backing on at this time.
6) Place the bumper cover over the front bumper.
7) Drill two holes on each side through bumper cover and into the steel bumper. Install the screws provided.
8) Remove the backing from the two sided tape and apply pressure to adhere the tape.

My Tahoe is Black and has the same grill and black bowtie as the pictures below. This is pretty much the finally look I have been looking to achieve. Not sure who's Truck this is but it looks sweet, thanks for the motivation.
View attachment 201097
View attachment 201098
I've always liked the SS cover. Do you have a link? Is your existing bumper on straight now?

Last edited:

sumo

dn ʇǝƃ ʇuɐɔ & llǝɟ ı
Reaction score
I have it on my 08. If I recall it just 3m tapes over your existing bumper. Sitting flush under the headlights were my biggest problem. I ended up using a heat gun to help manipulate some extra flex in the cover 8 years later, meh it matches the rest of my truck for 125k on it

OP
OP
FarFromStock

FarFromStock

Reaction score
Thank you guys for responding.

I did do some searching on the forum and through various google searches before creating this thread. Unfortunately, had not come across any information on the actual installation of the bumper cover. I did come across a bunch of nice pictures of them installed though.

My current Bumper is just the factory OEM one same as in the current profile picture to the left. I guess i will have to take some photos of the process and the install when i have some time to get to around to this project.

Tahoe is going into the body shop on the 25th to get the door fixed from some idiot backing in to her in a parking lot :flame::flame::flame:. Im having them paint the hood and mirrors that have been a fixture in my garage as well as color matching the bowtie. Going to talk with them about the bumper then also. Will see what ends up happening with that. Either way once i do get it painted i will be sure to do a write up on this thread so others can find some information on it if they are looking to add the street scene bumper cover.

MrBalll

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Tahoe is going into the body shop on the 25th to get the door fixed from some idiot backing in to her in a parking lot :flame::flame::flame:. Im having them paint the hood and mirrors that have been a fixture in my garage as well as color matching the bowtie.

Would be nice if you had extra cash laying around and got yourself an HD hood. Wouldn't matter on color since you're painting your hood anyway. I'd bet with a little extra they could put it on for you if you'd want.

OP
OP
FarFromStock

FarFromStock

Reaction score
Thought about the hood for a long time as it is a major body panel and probably changes the look the most drastically on our Tahoes. While I am a fan of the HD hood swap (seen a lot of beautiful builds on here) I personally prefer the teardrop cowl myself. That is what I purchased awhile back and am looking forward to getting it on finally. The HD hood is my 2nd favorite option. DOnt know what it is about the teardrop but i really like the way it looks. Once i get it on ill be sure to share a photo with you guys.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Heavychevyvito