Help...White Smoke after HG Change

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
D

DevilDog

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
uh oh.... cant we all just get along :greenchainsaw:...at least for the sake of my yuker?...really though I greatly appreciate all the good advice that you guys have been giving me, i woulda done jumped off a bridge by now if it wasnt for you guys...that and its almost 40 miles to the closest bridge lol

OP
OP
D

DevilDog

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
So the verdict is in. Took the heads into the machine shop today, and has them fluxed and pressure tested. Driver side was just fine no problems there. The passenger side however, hairline crack about an inch long, right along the curve of the bowl. This thing was fine enough couldnt see it with the naked eye and being right along the rim of the bowl had he not shown me Id still not believed it was there. He explained to me that it was small enough to allow coolant to flow into CC when cooled off but when warmed up would virtually seal itself, but everytime the CC went under pressure it would force air into the cooling system. Im not an expert at this by no means, but that to me would explain the burp of fumes I experienced from the overflow. Anyhow, hes going to rework my drivers side head and reman another for me, will be picking them up wednesday and getting the yuker back on the road. Total cost for heads to be worked and all work already done $150.

Also forgot to mention anywhere during this but just for info...these are a set of 906 heads.

Last edited:
OP
OP
D

DevilDog

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Yes, first he showed me the crack, then after that, having remembered our conversations here, i asked him that very thing, so he did one with me standing right there and sure enough I watched it bleed down once it was under pressure. And I know they was my heads because I had marked them, not that I dont trust him, but past experience taught me to do that.

OP
OP
D

DevilDog

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
No sir, hes reworking the driver side and remanning one he already had, said it wasnt worth it his opinion to fix it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
That_FZ