Help me with TPMS problem

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

YukonRog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Guys why would all the wheels read ---? It was working then I pulled the ABS Fuse until I replaced the Steering Wheel Position Sensor. Had the battery disconnected for a while. Everything is working now. No lights or warnings. After driving for a bit it say "Service Tire Pressure Monitor System". Is there a fuse for this? I refuse to believe all the wheel sensors or TPMS' in the wheel went out at the same time. It's gotta be a system thing but I don't know where to look.

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
I have no sensors on my wheels and the same warning comes up every time I start the rig and I just push the steering wheel button and it goes away. I think I saw on here that you need to reconnect the signal, so to speak, with a Tech 2. I could be wrong though.

Docky50

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have no tp sensors at all but did buy some that I will install when I put my 26 inch rims on next month. But my alarm doesn't work and the dealer couldn't find out why. Then he said it was because my tpms isn't working. Really? I've never heard of this.

MassHoe04

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have no tp sensors at all but did buy some that I will install when I put my 26 inch rims on next month. But my alarm doesn't work and the dealer couldn't find out why. Then he said it was because my tpms isn't working. Really? I've never heard of this.
Not sure I buy that assessment... Maybe he was hoping to sell you a set of new sensors?

smcnair

Full Access Member
Reaction score
1. Apply parking brake. Turn ignition to ON position (engine off)
2. Turn headlight switch from OFF to parking lamps 4 times within 4 seconds. A double horn chirp will sound and the TPMS telltale will begin blinking to indicate the learn mode is enabled.
3. Starting at the LF tire increase/decrease pressure until horn sounds.
4. After horn sounds, proceed as in step 3 for the next 3 sensors in the following order : RF, RR LR.
5. After LR sensor has been learned, turn ignition to OFF position. Adjust all tires to pressure listed on tire placard. *If headlight switch does not enable TPMS Learn Mode, use TPMS Learn button on dash.

MassHoe04

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hopefully, the OP on this thread has been able to resolve his TPMS issue with the re-learn process above.
Doesn't look like there was any update on the OP's situation from 2020, so we can only assume the procedure worked in his case.

Alarms and TPMS have nothing to do with each other, that I know of...
You most likely have two separate issues with your TPMS and your alarm system.

Some more details might help some of our electrical/alarm experts help you figure this out.

What is going on with your alarm?
Not arming... Not disarming... Not allowing engine start...

After-market or factory system?

An alarm technician suggested to me, as having a problem, to unplug "the brain" of the alarm (alarm control system box under the dash) from the harness for a few minutes and plug back in. This was like a reboot of the alarm controller.
Worth a shot!

Didn't solve my problem, because my no-start issue was not being caused by the alarm system. It was something else.

Good luck!

Docky50

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
When the alarm tech came to the dealership, he did everything and couldn't fix it. My alarm does nothing. I downloaded the chevy app and it still won't auto start, but I am able to lock and unlock doors only

Docky50

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Since the weather is breaking, I'll look under the side panel in back to see if it's a rotted or loose wire.

DaveB

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Interesting follow up to this thread, my 2008 Denali just had it's first TPMS battery failure here in 2022. 14 years isn't bad. We're in southern California where weather is mostly mild.

MassHoe04

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I bought some 17 inch wheels and tires from a 2010 Tahoe. Has TPMS sensors in there, but not compatible with my 04 system. I like the newer-style wheels, but I am not sure I want to spend $30-50 each corner just to make the message go away...
Like @OR VietVet I just hit the steering wheel button and drive on.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laurents10

Latest posts