Help me find this noise

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sickk23

Full Access Member
Reaction score
2018 Suburban Premier

Under acceleration I have a hissing with clatter noise that comes from the driver's left knee area somewhere within the dash. Sometimes it's not there for a sec, then it appears. It's EXTREMELY ANNOYING. Passengers will even comment on it like "what the heck is that annoying sound?"

I've had it checked out once and they didn't hear it. Currently at the dealer again and the tech hears it but him and my service guy are pushing that its normal and "these new vehicles make a lot of new sounds the old ones didn't that people are complaining about" and that it's just the injectors. So I went for a ride with the tech and by the end I had him almost convinced it's not normal.

So he kept it. Has spoke with a GM engineer who supposedly gave him a list of things to check. Currently halfway through his "list" with no fix in sight. Even after this the service guy proceeds to tell me they think it's normal. Like hell. It's definitely not. But don't remind me how much I hate this thing and all of the other minor issues I have.

Any ideas? Anyone else ever heard this? My 2017 never did this. It's so annoying and makes the burb sound like a junker.

I got it on video but then I switched from apple to Samsung and haven't had the chance to get it again.

Last edited:

Tahoe14

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would tell the tech lets go for a ride in another 2018 and see if it makes the same noise.

sb312

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
If it sounds like an exhaust leak, check PIP5570A. It’s the intermediate steering shaft seal allowing noise from the engine bay into the cabin.

E6E916FB-49ED-48FF-A76B-551E760DA478.png FF67197C-BD91-4112-8A12-3755A584C071.png

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zeronightwolf