Help me diagnose my AC leak

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bama704

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
05 Tahoe with 210,000 miles. 2 months ago I had my passenger side blend door actuator replaced, AC was working great all through the truck. Then I noticed a leak at the low pressure switch on the accumulator. I replaced the switch. It has been 2 weeks and yesterday the AC was blowing warm air through all vents. Went and popped the hood and noticed my accumulator was leaking a bit again but also there was some fluid dripping as you can see in the pictures. Any ideas here? Does it look like it's still coming out of the low pressure switch and if so, what gives, it's a brand new switch.

20210914_091435.jpg

Bill 1960

Testing the Limits
Reaction score
Time to get busy with a sniffer, dye, and/or soap.

Chasing leaks by unaided visual inspection is not reliable because only the oil leaves traces, and there’s other sources of oil contamination.

Could be a defective part, leaking joint, or something else entirely.

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
What @Bill 1960 said. The schrader valve could be leaking and when refrigerant leaks it always carries a/c oil with it. You could even have a small hairline crack at that spout the switch is attached to or a bad switch.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
05 Tahoe with 210,000 miles. 2 months ago I had my passenger side blend door actuator replaced, AC was working great all through the truck. Then I noticed a leak at the low pressure switch on the accumulator. I replaced the switch. It has been 2 weeks and yesterday the AC was blowing warm air through all vents. Went and popped the hood and noticed my accumulator was leaking a bit again but also there was some fluid dripping as you can see in the pictures. Any ideas here? Does it look like it's still coming out of the low pressure switch and if so, what gives, it's a brand new switch.

View attachment 350237
What's that disconnected connector go to? As for the leak, it's probably the new switch or where it connects.

OP
OP
Bama704

Bama704

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
What's that disconnected connector go to? As for the leak, it's probably the new switch or where it connects.
I have no idea what the disconnected connector is for. It was disconnected when I bought it 1000 miles ago.

Looks like I will have to get to work with some soapy water and try to locate some bubbles.