Help Installling Hid Headlights And Foglights On 07' Yukon Denali

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rayaz_XL

Reaction score
I have a 2007 Denali XL, i need some help installing HID headlights and foglights.

I ordered a 6000k Bi-Xenon Headlight kit (H13) complete with relay harness, as well as a 4300k Foglight kit (5202) also with relay harness. What I wanted was some insight, how to install specifically the bulbs. The headlight housings have low clearance behind them it looks difficult to change the bulbs.

The foglights, well I did order the proper size (5202) bulb but being HID the bulb looks longer than the factory foglight bulbs. I would like to know if I have to do any modifications, or if they will fit in place there.

Anybody with some help, insight, pictures, or even links to threads would be appreciated.

BillBlatt18

Full Access Member
Reaction score
u might have to remove the headlights to install them or go from underneath the fender if u can. I removed mine to install, and so did my bro that has an 07 yukon slt

zach2011

Platinum Member
Reaction score
Yeah I had to install mine when the headlight housings were removed...although I HAVE installed the low beams with the housing in place...but I have a Tahoe so the space back there may be different.

Your fogs should fit, and they're easiest to check, so I'd go see if they fit when you have time. Enjoy your HID's! :)

ahuckaby

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
first off Im a newbie, i love my yukon that i just got, its the nicest car ive ever owned and first i bought all on my own.. any ways i always have the mod bug but wanna keep it very clean and minimalistic. my question is how entailed is the instillation of HID'S and do all the factory features remain working (DRL, auto on) in your alls opinion what color looks best? thanks

Erebos

Reaction score
first off Im a newbie, i love my yukon that i just got, its the nicest car ive ever owned and first i bought all on my own.. any ways i always have the mod bug but wanna keep it very clean and minimalistic. my question is how entailed is the instillation of HID'S and do all the factory features remain working (DRL, auto on) in your alls opinion what color looks best? thanks

Congrats on the new Yukon! The HID installation is pretty straight forward and fairly easily (I'm not too mechanically savvy and I was able to installed mine :)). The hardest part of the installation is the removal of the headlight - it requires you to unscrew portion of the grill and bumper, but once those are done, it's a fairly straight forward connection using the wiring harness kit.

Check out the following Youtube video to get an idea on how to remove the headlight from the Yukon:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ds6SMLIFS4

If you have a 2007+ Yukon, your DRL is the same as your Low, so either you will have to manually turn off the DRL each time you start your car to avoid using your HID all the time. Many users including myself have gone with the simple fix by removing the DRL fuse (I think it's #32 or D2 from the fuse box). This will just disable your DRL, but all auto on and everything else works as normal.

Personally, I want the HID because I want the brightness of the light output, so I went with the 4300K, but I think depend on where you get your light, most likely you will be getting a 5000K. Those will give you pure white, where as anything more than 5000K will give you a blue tint color. You can't really go wrong with anything between 4300K - 6500K as they are pretty bright and nice color that won't annoy other drivers.

Good luck with the installation and post some pic when you're done.

OP
OP
Rayaz_XL

Rayaz_XL

Reaction score
Hey Erebos what vehicle do you have? I think the fuse 32 in a 2007 yukon is called DRL2.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JRSB16