help fixing keyless entry

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Stag1928

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have a 2000 yukon that has had no keyless entry for the past month. The receiver behind the instrument cluster has just been replaced, the key fob just got a new battery, and all the fuses have been checked inside the block right next to the door jam on the driver's side. Holding the unlock button, turning on/off/on/off makes the lock move like should but then holding the lock/unlock buttons on the fob don't do anything. Any help is much appreciated.

OP
OP
S

Stag1928

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Didn't work.. any other tips? Might you know where the line to the main unit runs? maybe something is broken

OP
OP
S

Stag1928

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Yeah the Fob and the receiver don't connect when trying the method of holding unlock, turning on/off/on/off and then holding the buttons on the fob. Is there a different method that could have the two be programmed?

nimrod.sixty9

Hold on, I got this.
Reaction score
Don't know for the year 2000; writeup in my sig is up to 99.

Also, I don't see how that mod linked above could do anything to help with range. All they did was solder a wire to the battery contact.

OP
OP
S

Stag1928

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I just don't get it because the whole thing stopped working with the original equipment and the receiver behind the dash is off ebay but it was pulled working, and the fob is from an 03 sierra but its been in a drawer for 8 years and all of the numbers for the new equipment are the same as what was in there originally. I guess I'll take it to a dealer and see if they can even program it because I'm lost..

_Dylan_

STAY FROSTY
Reaction score
you put a jumper wire on the #4 and #8 pins on the OBD2 connector right?

OP
OP
S

Stag1928

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Yeah nothing is working... would the battery holder be affecting it? one of the joints is broken in the receiver

BirchyBoy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had an issue with my fob and it was simply crud between the rubber buttons and the contacts. Take the fob all the way apart, clean everything and see if that helps.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
melsayed