help finding cigarette lighter Y splitter.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

YukonXL04

The Riverboat
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, I'm in a pickle. When I sold my console, I accidentally gave my cigarette lighter harness to the guy. So i can't plug in mine lol. Attached is a pic of what I am looking for, it's just a little Y harness to hook up both accessory plugs.

It's the one in the lower dash, or if you have a console the one in the cubby hole.

Just need either a diagram I can get the part number from, or a part number.
A for sale link would be great but I'll take what I can get lol

Thanks

Attachments

• Screenshot_2015-08-02-13-44-19.jpg
    Screenshot_2015-08-02-13-44-19.jpg
    8.7 KB · Views: 28

Sub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just need either a diagram I can get the part number from, or a part number.

I've never seen a part number to a wiring harness on a GM wiring diagram. I double checked today anyway, and the service info disc that I have for your 2004 Yukon XL doesn't show part numbers to wiring harness on the wiring diagrams.

It does, however, show the part numbers to the CONNECTORS on the Connector End Views pages. I looked those connectors up for you, and with those, you can make your own wiring harness.

For the Cigar Lighter on the left hand (driver's) side:

Two choices:

12176445 Natural, with FlexLock

or

12176445 Gray

The latter is what I found in my 2005, after I pulled the center section today to check if there was a parts number tag on the wiring harness itself. I don't know what "FlexLock" means because I don't have the Natural colored connector, I have the Gray in that position. The natural is listed for UQ7, and I have UQ7, but still have Gray. I have the Smoker's Package (even though I don't smoke).

For the Power Point on the right hand (passenger's) side:

12176446 Black (All RPO codes show black on that side.)

All connectors listed above are Female, with Metri Pack 280 Series terminals.

OP
OP
YukonXL04

YukonXL04

The Riverboat
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks alot man. I will look those up. Yea I was thinking it may be on a exploded parts diagram. I seem to think I saw a part tag on my old harness... but I wouldn't mind making my own. Do you have the part number for the connector the Y harness hooks into on the vehicle? I would prefer not to chop that up.

I would just go to a junk yard but I can't unless I take off work. And that's really the only thing I need lol.

Sub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Since an inline connector in the middle of a larger wiring harness is not considered a component, I am unable to look up a mid harness connector under "Component End views". Sorry.

I also tried to see where the power point Y harness connected to the main harness physically in my 2005, but that connection is deep inside the dash somewhere, and I'm unable to see or feel it. I have the black cubby and the surrounding tan bezel removed, as well as the entire instrument cluster and radio bezel removed, and cannot see the connector in there.

I'm not sure how you got that far, but then again, you did an amazing job building your own center console, so you've got mad skillz I don't have.

OP
OP
YukonXL04

YukonXL04

The Riverboat
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have the main accessory outlet connector, and all it does is plugs into the Y and splits off to plug into each cig lighter outlet. But yea it's not a "end" connector. I may just chop that connector off and hardwire to each outlet. Since each outlet will have a plug I will still be able to disconnect it. Not sure. May just find some time to hit a junk yard. My wife is on me about not being able to plug a phone in lol

Thanks alot on the console props. Definitely not mad skills but Thank you lol. I will be building another one that will hopefully fit and look better. Going to 2 tone it as well. I learned alot from the first one and found several things I wanted to do differently /better.

Slammedchevy01

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did you ever do this? My plugs got chopped off but still have orange/black wires :/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
YukonXL04

YukonXL04

The Riverboat
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I ended up buying a factory console and tied the console harness into the truck cig harness... soldered it all up and it has been working great

Slammedchevy01

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Found plugs are junkyard and soldering em up

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
griffey_mojo