help diagnosing a no start no crank with lights radio and blower all functional

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
V

VikingTrad3r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
do u think its the starter itself or the solenoid on the starter? both?

battery posts were tight, but i did back them out, clen and reighten with dielectric grease to be sure.

clandr1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
do u think its the starter itself or the solenoid on the starter? both?

battery posts were tight, but i did back them out, clen and reighten with dielectric grease to be sure.

No clue. I've always replaced the entire starter if/when it needed it on the various vehicles I've owned over the years. I agree with the suggestion to hold the key to crank when you experience no crank, and have someone hit the starter with a hammer a few times. If the starter is the culprit, the car should turn over after a couple of whacks.

OHSIXX

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'll second the starter, but also suggest you check your battery terminal connections to make sure they are clean, tight, and fully seated. This exact same thing happened on my wife's Jeep. All interior lights would work, but when you turned the key to start the car nothing happened. Turned out her post terminals had slowly worked their way up the posts just enough to where there was contact, but not enough contact to handle a high amp draw from the starter.

I know ours have side terminals and not top posts, but still something to look at to ensure they are clean (not corroded) and fully seated.

I agree. I had that happen with my work truck. The negative cable was not tightened down all the way on the post. And I too agree about the starter....if it happens again get underneath there and give it a few smacks while turning the key....

I'd say the starter itself.....