Help! Botched bench seat swap

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Riversedge

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I removed rear captains chairs from my 2004 Tahoe and grabbed a used split bench from the 2007+ range by mistake. It fits the floor bolts just fine, but, the seatbelts attached to the side walls of the Tahoe don’t fit into the buckles on the bench!! Can I find buckles from an older model and swap them for the current buckles on the bench? I need to find a cheap fix here, I couldn’t care less about color, just need safe seats for all the kids. Every seat has to be used.

DougAMiller

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Can you take the buckles from your captains seats and move them to the bench?

OP
OP
R

Riversedge

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Can you take the buckles from your captains seats and move them to the bench?
I don’t know if they attach the same way, but if I did that I would be hard pressed to sell the captains chairs which I need to do.

OP
OP
R

Riversedge

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Just looked it over, seatbelt swap just won’t work because of the middle belt. I’ll have to sell this bench and use the captains chairs till I can get the right bench.

S33k3r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Can you please take some pictures? I have a spare bench, by the way, but I'm in Dallas.

rockola1971

Full Access Member
Reaction score
See if they fit. If they do, go to the junkyard, get replacements for your captains chairs, then sell them. :)
What color and material are those captain seats? I might be interested in those to stick in one of me and old lady's 03 Tahoe LT's. I have them in my 05 Denali and my wife likes that truck....I need to give her a reason to like the Tahoes just as much so she will leave my Denali alone. ;) She wrecks or bumps everything she drives and so far hasnt wrecked the Denali. Id like to keep it that way! :p

OP
OP
R

Riversedge

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
What color and material are those captain seats? I might be interested in those to stick in one of me and old lady's 03 Tahoe LT's. I have them in my 05 Denali and my wife likes that truck....I need to give her a reason to like the Tahoes just as much so she will leave my Denali alone. ;) She wrecks or bumps everything she drives and so far hasnt wrecked the Denali. Id like to keep it that way! :p
Tan leather, one has a cut in the bottom edge of the seat back unfortunately, pretty sure the work of one of the car seats ‍♀️ Never been in the Denali but I like my Tahoe and I miss my Suburban.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DefiantOne