Hello from Waco!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
Ya but 4 grand buys me a lot of pads, that really isn't even a factor though because I buy the lifetime warranty pads and just swap them out
They don't limit how many times you can bring the pads back? They pulled that shit on me when I lived in Pa.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
They don't limit how many times you can bring the pads back? They pulled that shit on me when I lived in Pa.
not at autozone in California, the lifetime warranty law vary's from state to state, never had a problem swapping anything at autozone as long as it shows it as a purchase on my account
Warranties - AutoZone Limited Warranty (United States Only)
If a part fails during the warranty period shown on your receipt, bring the part to any AutoZone store and you will receive a replacement or refund. Warranty excludes damage caused by misuse, abuse, other faulty parts, improper installation or off-road, commercial or marine use. Warranties on replacement parts cover the unused portion of the original warranty or 90 days, whichever is longer. Warranties expire when you sell your vehicle.
I always buy the "lifetime warranty" parts so my receipt shows "lifetime warranty"-for as long as I own the vehicle"
it does not state you can only have 1 exchange or 2 nor any other number, it says: "if the parts fails during the warranty period"

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I bought the 15" eradaspeed rotors I just haven't put them on yet my pads are still ok right now maybe in the spring
Yeah but it’s the size of the calipers and the pads these take. They’re massive compared to pretty much anything else except Brembo which are 50% more than Wilwoods. 6 pistons too. But I have overheated my GMT900 brakes on a mountain road in the Cascades so that was the reason I went with these in the first place. I don’t ever want to have that happen again- scared the shit out of me. I thought I wasn’t going to be able to slow it down.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah but it’s the size of the calipers and the pads these take. They’re massive compared to pretty much anything else except Brembo which are 50% more than Wilwoods. 6 pistons too. But I have overheated my GMT900 brakes on a mountain road in the Cascades so that was the reason I went with these in the first place. I don’t ever want to have that happen again- scared the shit out of me. I thought I wasn’t going to be able to slow it down.
lol, I did that once too I thought the dam things were going to light up on fire, seen smoke in my mirror coming down a hill that descended a few thousand feet, pulled over and stopped the brakes were billowing smoke, thought it was going to be bad news but I just waited a little while and they cooled off enough to continue. I tend to drive a bit faster on downgrades and windy twisty roads because I was raised with maniacs behind the wheel so it doesn't bother me

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Welcome Glenn! Nice Tahoe! Love trucks with those kinds of stories with family, you can't part with an old friend like that, just take care of it and pass it along. Someday the little kids will be driving it and one of them may become the owner too!

We have some friends in Texas and we're still trying to get out there and see family north and south of you.

I thought 75K on my front pads was good!

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
lol, I did that once too I thought the dam things were going to light up on fire, seen smoke in my mirror coming down a hill that descended a few thousand feet, pulled over and stopped the brakes were billowing smoke, thought it was going to be bad news but I just waited a little while and they cooled off enough to continue. I tend to drive a bit faster on downgrades and windy twisty roads because I was raised with maniacs behind the wheel so it doesn't bother me
Yeah me too, I grew up driving like that. I actually caught my brakes on fire once when I was youngish. Luckily there was a river nearby and I had a container to get water in lol. I was always crazy especially when I was in the mountains a hundred miles from help and cell phones weren’t even in use yet. Lucky to be alive.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah me too, I grew up driving like that. I actually caught my brakes on fire once when I was youngish. Luckily there was a river nearby and I had a container to get water in lol. I was always crazy especially when I was in the mountains a hundred miles from help and cell phones weren’t even in use yet. Lucky to be alive.
same situation here we were way deep into a dead zone on a dam road that was basically 1 lane in most places but there were spots that had just enough room to pass but one person would have to back up to one of those spots, I was fretting it for a minute, wasn't sure if I had cooked the pads so bad they weren't going to work or what was going to happen, I had planned for plenty of things to possibly go wrong but the brakes wasn't one of them and it was a long walk back to a main road uphill. On the way back home I discovered it was even another 15-20 miles down the main road before you would hit cell service.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
kind of funny how if you venture out really not all that far from civilization that you quickly discover that without civilization you can be in a ****** up situation real easy

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zeronightwolf