Heater problem

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

phatal1320

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Haha one thing after another... Heaters been out since ive owned the truck put a new heater core in then a thermostat and still nothing just blowing cold air any suggestions? Blower motor working fine now I think I'm going to purchase the "heater blend door actuator".

_Dylan_

STAY FROSTY
Reaction score
It's plastic with 4 coolant hoses going into it underneath the air filter. Its $15 at autozone.

It might be seized up blocking the coolant to the heater core.

_Dylan_

STAY FROSTY
Reaction score
So it's under the Air filter on the tbi motor?

I'd be helpful if you put the year in the first post or maybe in your signature....

Its under the filter on a vortec, not a tbi.

anyways, it should look like this:

18053277_acd_155533_pri_larg.jpg

It will be connected to 4 coolant hoses, 2 of which are like 8" long and connected to the heater core/firewall on the passenger side.

knoslf

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Whats up Dylan...hey does this part also have a skinny little vacuum hose on it too?...in addition to the 4 hoses? I think mine does and it goes to the upper firewall

retorq

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So it's under the Air filter on the tbi motor?

No it's by the firewall on the TBI engines. There is a vacuum box on the AC unit with a line going to it and that valve. It basically closes that off when you AC is on so that you get all cold air and no warm air. That valve could be stuck closed. I took mine out a while ago.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rick9667