Heated seat upgrade?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tekfire07

Reaction score
I have a 09 LT 4x4, with leather seats, can I upgrade to heated seats? If so, is it plug and play or do I need to make any modifications?
Thanks
Erik

petethepug

Michael
Reaction score
What kinda material do you have on the seats? I ask because if you’re pulling the covers off to add seat heaters…

Do you want to price a new color, vinyl or leather? The replacement seat covers have factory fit & finish and insanely inexpensive considering the factory charged thousands to upgrade.

OP
OP
tekfire07

tekfire07

Reaction score
I have leather seats. I was considering looking for seats out of a part out truck or junk yard. I did not know you could a heaters to the seats and recover.

petethepug

Michael
Reaction score
Leatherseats.com has them as well with an instructional video. The factory also has a heated seat kit the parts department can find and pulling them from another vehicle is almost like cheating when you find a cream puff set.

Just be aware that if you find front seats from a 07-10 Esky and 09-10 Tahoe, Yuke or Burb that have the a/c seat feature they are a logistical nightmare to get working. Both seat heating & cooling are based off an actual two way heat/cool unit that is connected to the trucks BCM.

All other 07-10 Tahoe, Yuke, Burb seats with heat only are compatible because they have standard resistance heated mats inside.

The kicker is the 11-14 Esky, Tahoe, Yuke & Burb seats that are not cooled, but vented with air from the cabin. They can be used as there’s only a fan inside and standard heated mats too.

Happy hunting

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dustpan