Headliner leaking on pass side 2015 tahoe

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Cookie6

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Headliner on passenger side where visor is is getting wet and dripping down the side pillar onto the floorboard ..does it when it rains, any help on fixing issue would be greatly appreciated

PG01

Supporting Member
Reaction score
it’s either your sharkfin antenna or the sunroof, if you have one. antenna is known to leak.
sunroof drains get clogged.
when does it leak, parked or driving? is the passenger side front of the truck lower when you park or is the truck level?

OP
OP
C

Cookie6

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
it’s either your sharkfin antenna or the sunroof, if you have one. antenna is known to leak.
when does it leak, parked or driving? is the passenger side front of the truck lower when you park or is the truck level?
Parked is when it seems like it gets the most water..my driveway is flat so the only angle is where the front end sits a little lower than the rear..standard I guess you would say.. I checked the sunroof this morning and on one side of the sunroof the rubber weather seal that goes back and forth with the glass has came off the track and doesn’t move with the glass like the other side..do you think that could be the problem ..I may be totally wrong but I think it’s called a bellow??

TBRUCE312

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Its probably the antenna. I change them all the time at work. We take the old one off, clean the roof where it mounted, then intall the new antenna with a small bead of silicon sealant under it to keep the water out. U don't need much. Just enough to seal and not have it squeeze out the side when u tighten it down. The O shit handle and sunvisor need to come off to drop the headliner. Disconnect the purple and yellow antenna wires and 1 10mm holds the antenna down.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
44Dan