Headlights flicker, mirrors won't fold, no turn signal sound

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rmatt901

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have a 2015 Yukon and headlights are flickering along with, no turn signal sound and mirrors won't fold in. The battery and alternator are both charging, and reading good voltage. Any suggestions?

B-train

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would go after a bad/corroded ground first. But, ultimately, those are controlled by the BCM I believe. Poor power or a bad ground can freak them out.

Does the flickering change with RPM by chance? Trying to rule out a flakey alternator

wjburken

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Might give your post a little more of a descriptive name. Lose is not very descriptive.

As has already been mentioned, check your grounds.

OP
OP
R

rmatt901

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Might give your post a little more of a descriptive name. Lose is not very descriptive.

As has already been mentioned, check your grounds.
I apologize and agree. I'm new in here so, any corrected criticism is appreciated.
Parking sensors aren't working either, no seat belt warning sound. Although I did reset the outside mirrors.

OP
OP
R

rmatt901

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I would go after a bad/corroded ground first. But, ultimately, those are controlled by the BCM I believe. Poor power or a bad ground can freak them out.

Does the flickering change with RPM by chance? Trying to rule out a flakey alternator
It seems to get a little better with at more rpms.

wjburken

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I apologize and agree. I'm new in here so, any corrected criticism is appreciated.
Parking sensors aren't working either, no seat belt warning sound. Although I did reset the outside mirrors.
No worries.

Did all of this just start out of the blue or did you have some work done or have some incident with the vehicle?

check all your battery cable connections and check you battery as well. These vehicles hate bad grounds and low voltage. How old is your battery?

Are you able to measure the voltage across the battery while it’s running?

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This reads like a bad battery connection at first glance. Loose cable, bad ground, corroded cable or a BCM that's on it's way out. Go for the simple stuff first.

Was driving home once and every time I used the turn signal the cruise control kicked out. Turns out the positive battery cable was loose.

OP
OP
R

rmatt901

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
No worries.

Did all of this just start out of the blue or did you have some work done or have some incident with the vehicle?

check all your battery cable connections and check you battery as well. These vehicles hate bad grounds and low voltage. How old is your battery?

Are you able to measure the voltage across the battery while it’s
I replaced the rear speaker in the cargo area and that's when all the hazard sounds stopped working but radio works fine. The lights had been flickering a couple weeks before. My mechanic checked alternator and battery yesterday and said everything was charging good.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laurents10