Headlight replacement suggestions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Derick

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey all - when I got the burb, I bought new lenses on ebay. I got them from a highly ranked seller, but surprise surprise they are crap.

The fronts are poorly sealed. The low and high beams seem OK, but the turn signal and the DRL sockets with the gasket built in just aren't tight in the slightest. So, when I hit the car wash, or it rains, they fog up.

Are there any 3rd party lenses that you'd actually suggest? No tahoes or suburbans in the local junk yards unfortunately.

Last edited:

GranPrix

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For $220ish on ebay you can get both OEM. I don't think you can beat that for peace of mind. I learned my lesson a long time ago with aftermarket headlamps and crappy light output and patterns.

OP
OP
Derick

Derick

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I actually bought them from AM-AutoParts....

I contacted them originally when they were fogging, and the passenger sides adjuster doesnt work. The adjustment is OK enough for me, so I didnt care....the fogging has gotten worse. They told me that the bulbs they put in it were dummy bulbs and might not seal right. They suggestion was to buy new bulbs and it would fix it. It did not.

I've been reluctant to contact again because A) I tossed me old lenses...and B) I had them filmed when I first bought them, so I didnt really want to throw that away.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MCDizz