HD Conversion anyone?helpp

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

310southfab

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
you will need an 00-02 Silverado HD hood grill bumper, grill, and the bumper brackets.. the HD bumpers hang lower than the non HD.. 1lowhoe04 has a write up somewhere...
Do you Have to install the HD grill or can you just use stock Tahoe grill when installing the HD hood

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
As long as you don't use the HD bumper, then use--you can use the regular Tahoe grill with the HD hood.

S33k3r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I believe the bumpers are the same. It is the pad on the HD trucks that is thicker/taller, and why you would need to use an HD grille if you went with the HD bumper/pad. The HD bumper/pad is taller because HD trucks are on a 2" lift to accommodate the Allison transmission many were equipped with.

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
I believe the bumpers are the same. It is the pad on the HD trucks that is thicker/taller, and why you would need to use an HD grille if you went with the HD bumper/pad. The HD bumper/pad is taller because HD trucks are on a 2" lift to accommodate the Allison transmission many were equipped with.
I used an HD grill with my stock bumper pad. I did need to trim the bottom of the grill.20200610_153539.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
firedog9518

Latest posts