HD Bumper swap how to?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

01TX_Tahoe

Semper Fi
Reaction score
Does anyone know of anyone that has pics of doing the HD bumper swap? I've heard that the bumper mounts need to be cut and welded about 1 1/2" to 2" lower. Will the HD grille fit without changing the bumper or does that sit lower in the middle too?

tobysan90

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I dont know about the bumper swap, but you have to cut about a inch or so off the bottom of the HD grille to fit with stock bumper

tobysan90

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Boozer sent me some photos of his and that helped me on where to cut mine on the swap i did last weekend

tobysan90

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
i think the bar is the same just brackets and upper pad is different

NeverSatisfied

eBay Baller
Supporting Member
Reaction score
To make everything fit properly you need to take off te bumper and cut the bracket and weld them about 1.5" down some do more or less depending on how they want the gap. The only difference in the two bumpers is the top pad as it is taller and the grill hangs down more. You also have to trim back some of the metal behind the bumper so it sits properly.

OP
OP
01TX_Tahoe

01TX_Tahoe

Semper Fi
Reaction score
Yeah either way I'll have to get someone to do it, I don't weld. I still have to find a donor HD front end also.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Naileddown