Having a PPI in WA State performed today

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Elite

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
HI All, long time Expedition Owner, Looking to transition to GM. PPI is being done now for a '12 Tahoe, with 93k, super clean. We have looked at every v8 8 seater on the market. Also evaluated were warranties for the models, you would be amazed at how the warranty companies view some cars in terms of risk. GM warranties are quite inexpensive, and that tells me they are well built.

So, my train of thought is, body on frame vehicles are the most likely to go 200k miles, and i'm buying a well built vehicle less than half way through the life. Since I hate buying depreciating assets i'm also catching the right side of the curve. Crossovers seem to be much less durable and under-powered.

I'm about to go through the stickys, feel free to weigh in. thanks.

OP
OP
E

Elite

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Okay, so PPI came in clean. rear window switches are not working, is this a common issue? and where do i get these kinds of parts?

thanks.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
could be a relay I think the rear doors have there own and the fronts have there own, the relay controls both left & right

OP
OP
E

Elite

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
could be a relay I think the rear doors have there own and the fronts have there own, the relay controls both left & right

ok thanks for the reply. are these under the driver's side dash?

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The switches are also a common failure but you should be able to tell if they work from the driver door switch only or from the rear switches only or neither. If it's neither then the problem isn't switches. Also, is there an option in the DIC to lock yours out? Not sure on the SUV's; I don't believe my 08 CC has that option.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
edit, crap I just saw you said window switches, disregard it will be different fuses to check then

ok thanks for the reply. are these under the driver's side dash?
I guess these trucks are more likely to be the door lock actuators which can be purchased online pretty reasonable and installed yourself, but just to rule it out on the drivers side dash when you open the drivers door on the left end cap of the dash there is a plastic cover that comes off and there is some fuses in there you will want to check #10, 11, 18, 21

DOOR.jpg

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My 08 CC had 2 defective switches when I bought it earlier this year...

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
ya, there is only a couple circuit breakers for the windows, looks like one for the drivers side and one for the passenger side, the drivers side is the one labeled "lt door" on the pic above, the other is cb4 under the left side of steering column, but I would check to be sure they aren't locked out from the drivers control switch, I can lock mine so my kids don't sit there and play with them all day, on the nbs the same lock would work for the passenger front also but on these trucks it no longer does.

OP
OP
E

Elite

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
found my post!

HI gang, 'cannot find my thread in the intros but finished my ppi last week and bought my first gm vehicle, transitioning from expedition. '12 Tahoe, 97k, one owner, all services and records performed, everything works except rolling up windows in back (open to input here).
My family is aghast i would buy a high mileage vehicle. I'm done paying steep depreciation. These vehicles are built to go 300k miles, so i paid < 1/3 of a new price, and have 2/3 of life left. And when things break, i'll fix it.

Thanks!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rick3645