Has GM fixed the buffeting and vibration issues?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Phil25101

Reaction score
I considered doing the roof repair with our 15 2yrs ago but ended up not as it is not a "real fix" not sure why gm is still ripping apart headliners in brand new trucks. It will either slightly help or not fix at all and eventually come loose again. It's deeper than a quick roof fix. Drivetrain and tires seem to make the biggest difference which is still only a band-aid fix.

Is it a 17 or 18?

2018 LS, adaptive pkg, Brembro brake pkg, 22” six spoke wheels
61K sticker

7F9F2D54-19D1-4594-AB5A-C21A830CC22B.jpeg

gat0r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
^ thats a nice hoe

has anyone w/ the buffeting issue tried adding the cross rail roof bars to see if that helps?

ajs800

Full Access Member
Reaction score
^ thats a nice hoe

has anyone w/ the buffeting issue tried adding the cross rail roof bars to see if that helps?

Yep, did that right away...no change. New tires and new ring and pinion made the biggest difference. 30k miles later the r&p are bad again.

With that said It's still there but not nearly as bad. Basically for me it's borderline tolerable now while many don't notice it when riding in our XL. My wife who never seemed to be bothered by it is now starting to complain. One of my 3 kids complain while the other two don't.

gat0r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
well that sux. i was thinking the extra stiffening of roof may help a bit.

that really sux that r&p are bad again...that is crazy.

Phil25101

Reaction score
Yep, did that right away...no change. New tires and new ring and pinion made the biggest difference. 30k miles later the r&p are bad again.

With that said It's still there but not nearly as bad. Basically for me it's borderline tolerable now while many don't notice it when riding in our XL. My wife who never seemed to be bothered by it is now starting to complain. One of my 3 kids complain while the other two don't.

And for that reason, I will not keep my truck. Tomorrow I want a buy back or my lawyer will take over.

ajs800

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did you or the dealer let you take another Tahoe for a few days to compare?

Phil25101

Reaction score
@

So, what are you going to buy?

Part of my deal was to trade it, this way they can continue to fix then sell to the next victim without a tainted title or service history. I’m taking a 18 Traverse premium.

I did drive another hoe but my ears are so messed up right now it’s hard to tell because everything hurts them. But I’m so disheartened over this experience I don’t want another Tahoe.

I truly think these trucks have horrible aerodynamics and poor engineering in the drive line. My truck felt like it wouldn’t go faster then 80 on the highway like it had a parachute dragging behind. Weird

gat0r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
^ that's odd about highway... as mine hauls down the highway.

glad they took care of you.
too bad they still cant fix it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Skywagon