Has anyone added a front camera on a 2021 yet?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RHStansbury

Reaction score
Well team, I didn't think I'd miss the front park assist from my Silverado as much as I do. While I know I am not going to be able to add the full system, I am hoping I can at least add a camera to help in tight situations. Has anyone successfully added a front camera? If so, did you use OEM parts or something aftermarket?

SSGUNNER

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’d like to know as well. Been thinking about this and how it can be done also the illuminated bow tie.

SSGUNNER

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yea I think this is more so for those that didn’t come with it as an option.

Toasty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well team, I didn't think I'd miss the front park assist from my Silverado as much as I do. While I know I am not going to be able to add the full system, I am hoping I can at least add a camera to help in tight situations. Has anyone successfully added a front camera? If so, did you use OEM parts or something aftermarket?
I don't have any idea, but when I see a name I recognize, I have to stop and say hello :) - Long live Z71TahoeSuburban Forum members :D I swear there's a few of us here

KeithinTX

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I’m installing a front cam and need to locate access through the firewall on a 2019 Tahoe

KeithinTX

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I’m installing a front cam on my 2019 Tahoe.
Installed a Navtool for IPhone mirroring and it has ports to plug in up to 4 cameras. I bought a small car cam and it it works plugged into the Navtool devise and 12 volt power.

My only issue is finding an access point to route the wires through the firewall.

I’m hoping to have the cam installed and buttoned up this weekend.

SSGUNNER

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Please provide pics. Would like to do similar thing. So far only options I’ve been seeing there is a wired and wireless option with a receiver.

KeithinTX

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Please provide pics. Would like to do similar thing. So far only options I’ve been seeing there is a wired and wireless option with a receiver.

I should have disconnected the battery before I installed the camera. The temporary alligator clips on the power and ground touched and I shorted out the infotainment screen and all of the power outlets. Taking the car to the dealer tomorrow morning because I couldn’t find a blown fuse.
I had everything working before I FU.

When I get the car back I’ll start over and take some pics.

KeithinTX

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Front Camera installation for 2019 Tahoe

Mounting the camera in the grill was easy.

I had installed a “Navtool” iPhone mirroring device about 6 months ago. This device allows you to watch any video on the Tahoe Infotainment screen while in motion. The device also has 4 camera input plugs.

The device is a little more involved to install. For Installation, you have to remove part of the lower dash, the top of the console, and a panel behind the glove box. Their YouTube video helps.

As an option MVI Inc. has a less expensive camera-only module if you don’t need video.

Here is the location of their YouTube video,

I’ve found Navtool Inc. difficult to deal with and I’d probably try MVI Inc. the next time I need another mirroring / Car Play device.Bowtie Mounting.jpgRadiator Cover.jpgCamera Mount.jpgCamera Installed.jpgFront Camera View on Infotainment Screen.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Instigator01