Hallo from the Middle East

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

N4865G

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Good day everybody from the UK expat living in the State of Qatar,

Just bought my 2022 Yukon At4 after long and painful research upgrading from my Jeep Grand Cherokee 2015.
Very happy with the truck so far.
Few quirks I noticed after several hours of driving it:
- the speed sign on the HUD and the cluster is always blank
- I do not have the Google functionality (no Google Maps or Google Assistant icons in the Infotainment screen).
- unable to connect my Pixel 6 pro phone wirelessly to the Android Auto
I spoke to the dealer about it and he advised, that due to the local regulations wireless connections are blocked, hence no wireless connection is possible. This seems to affect my Google functionality as well as the Android 10 is not getting any internet connection to populate the screen with those Google-specific apps.
I wish he told me that before I bought the truck.
For now, the workaround is cable connection to Android Auto which seems to work OK.

Other than that I love the vehicle, it is humongous compared to my old Jeep, but very agile and comfortable.
I really enjoy the smooth ride with magnetic suspension and sound insulation - it is amazingly quiet.
The 10-speed gearbox is a blessing, driving my old Jeep with 8-speed seemed like the car was struggling to shift gears.

Happy owner so far.

Thanks
Dom

WhatsApp Image 2022-05-10 at 5.41.39 PM.jpeg

Miami-Dade

Staff member
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome from Miami!

Nice At4! Don't forget to check out the 21+section
Good day everybody from the UK expat living in the State of Qatar,

Just bought my 2022 Yukon At4 after long and painful research upgrading from my Jeep Grand Cherokee 2015.
Very happy with the truck so far.
Few quirks I noticed after several hours of driving it:
- the speed sign on the HUD and the cluster is always blank
- I do not have the Google functionality (no Google Maps or Google Assistant icons in the Infotainment screen).
- unable to connect my Pixel 6 pro phone wirelessly to the Android Auto
I spoke to the dealer about it and he advised, that due to the local regulations wireless connections are blocked, hence no wireless connection is possible. This seems to affect my Google functionality as well as the Android 10 is not getting any internet connection to populate the screen with those Google-specific apps.
I wish he told me that before I bought the truck.
For now, the workaround is cable connection to Android Auto which seems to work OK.

Other than that I love the vehicle, it is humongous compared to my old Jeep, but very agile and comfortable.
I really enjoy the smooth ride with magnetic suspension and sound insulation - it is amazingly quiet.
The 10-speed gearbox is a blessing, driving my old Jeep with 8-speed seemed like the car was struggling to shift gears.

Happy owner so far.

Thanks
Dom

View attachment 370005

GMCnewbee

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Welcome from Orlando! We traded our 2021 Grand Cherokee L for a 2022 Denali. Much more room and the handling and ride are great. I liked the Cherokee a lot but the Denali is a whole different animal. Enjoy!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zeronightwolf