Greetings from Southeast Oklahoma

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OKYukon02

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hello everyone! Hope you're all having a great week so far. New to the SUV world. Have always loved he Suburbans, Yukons, Escalades, Tahoes... Just bought my first. It was too good to pass up! 2002 GMC Yukon XL SLT 4 wheel drive. 220,000 on the clock, full maintenance records in the console and it had a fresh engine rebuild and transmission about 40,000 miles ago. Going from the maintenance records it looks like it spent the vast majority of that on the highway (services all over the US). It's got some dings here and there but it's solid and clean for the most part. Loving it so far and figured I'd join the site, seems like an amazing resource! I look forward to participating with you all!

xQEuMtC.jpg

0h9uqYk.jpg

ebv3j4G.jpg

LbUazzB.jpg

lwPcmFF.jpg

Bnp7Ch3.jpg

kUF7q9z.jpg

qfi7xNN.jpg

Miami-Dade

Staff member
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome from Miami Beach Adam!!

Looks to be in in excellent shape in and out! It is awesome you have full maintenance records! Nice find on your 2002 Yukon XL!!

Fosscore

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Welcome and nice score. Good project to work on and so much information herein to guide you along the way.

adventurenali92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Welcome! Looks like you scored a pretty good deal on that xl. Looks clean too! Like fosscore said, lots of knowledge to guide you along here! Great platform to play with and mod and make it your own!

OP
OP
OKYukon02

OKYukon02

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Welcome! Looks like you scored a pretty good deal on that xl. Looks clean too! Like fosscore said, lots of knowledge to guide you along here! Great platform to play with and mod and make it your own!

I feel like I did! I paid $3,400 for it. Even if that's a bad price (I don't honestly know and didn't shop around, I saw it, took a look and saw the maintenance records and all in the console - it was definitely an impulse at that point) it's solid, I can't find ANYTHING wrong with it aside from a broken plastic clip in the third row and the buzzing temperature sensor over the driver seat. Climate controls still work, but I know that needs addressing.

I'm finding loads of threads I've been saving, loving the place so far!

adventurenali92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I feel like I did! I paid $3,400 for it. Even if that's a bad price (I don't honestly know and didn't shop around, I saw it, took a look and saw the maintenance records and all in the console - it was definitely an impulse at that point) it's solid, I can't find ANYTHING wrong with it aside from a broken plastic clip in the third row and the buzzing temperature sensor over the driver seat. Climate controls still work, but I know that needs addressing.

I'm finding loads of threads I've been saving, loving the place so far!
Yeah that’s a pretty good price for that truck haha. The auto climate sensor above the driver seat is a pretty easy fix. I don’t remember off hand what the fix was, but there’s a whole thread on it. Search the 2000-2006 forum and it should come up.

OP
OP
OKYukon02

OKYukon02

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Yeah that’s a pretty good price for that truck haha. The auto climate sensor above the driver seat is a pretty easy fix. I don’t remember off hand what the fix was, but there’s a whole thread on it. Search the 2000-2006 forum and it should come up.

Already done! I've already ordered the part. Like many apparently, when I first heard it I thought it was a speaker for OnStar buzzing since it looks like a speaker grille and no audio from the radio came out of it (and it's only above the driver). Thanks to the forums I learned it's actually bad bearings in a fan the sensor uses!

The one thing that has me puzzled is why around the 180k mark it got a fresh engine and transmission. From what I've read on the forums the 5.3 has quite a bit longer life than that? Going off the frequency of tire replacement receipts (spare replaced with the tires at every change as well), the trailer brake setup being installed so clean and professionally (and still working), the headlight assemblies being new (Chevy dealer receipt among records), maintenance records from all over the country - maybe it was used for a living or a retired person traveling and it was out of abundance of caution. The work was done though, just confuses me.

Edit: Especially since all indications are that the vast majority of the miles were highway. Not complaining though haha!

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
Welcome. Looks in pretty good shape. Usually that buzzing can be cleared up by hitting it with some compressed air.

adventurenali92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Already done! I've already ordered the part. Like many apparently, when I first heard it I thought it was a speaker for OnStar buzzing since it looks like a speaker grille and no audio from the radio came out of it (and it's only above the driver). Thanks to the forums I learned it's actually bad bearings in a fan the sensor uses!

The one thing that has me puzzled is why around the 180k mark it got a fresh engine and transmission. From what I've read on the forums the 5.3 has quite a bit longer life than that? Going off the frequency of tire replacement receipts (spare replaced with the tires at every change as well), the trailer brake setup being installed so clean and professionally (and still working), the headlight assemblies being new (Chevy dealer receipt among records), maintenance records from all over the country - maybe it was used for a living or a retired person traveling and it was out of abundance of caution. The work was done though, just confuses me.

Edit: Especially since all indications are that the vast majority of the miles were highway. Not complaining though haha!
It could have had an internal engine issue. You never know what happens.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Icyagent