Got to tinker and mod a bit today.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

yooformula

Full Access Member
Reaction score
sorry the settings were off on my camera so the after pics look washed out and over brightened. Suprisingly the black on this 03 is very glossy and deep with practically no fading.
before..
IMG_0065.sized.jpg

after....tails tinted and trimmed, debadged.
IMG_0113.sized.jpg

my debadging tool kit.
IMG_0120.sized.jpg

I liked the Yukon logo so that stayed.
IMG_0114_001.sized.jpg
IMG_0116.sized.jpg
IMG_0125.sized.jpg

relocated the antenna and grounded it with no loss of stations.
IMG_0122.sized.jpg

ebay cai with bottom plate removed.
IMG_0063.sized.jpg

did the low 6/hi 8 mod, new set of smoked clear corners, silverstar lo/high's and have a set of hid's for the foglights to install tomorrow.
IMG_0074.sized.jpg

To round it all off, I swapped out all fluids to RP, got a tweak on my tune and swapped plugs/wires. Spring should bring the REAL mods...:)
IMG_0127.sized.jpg

Last edited:

ROBERTOcritser

Full Access Member
Reaction score
x2 on painting the emblem black

and btw where did you relocate your antennae to? pics? explanation?

OP
OP
yooformula

yooformula

Full Access Member
Reaction score
my Formula is custom two toned with red and moonstone and the yukon will end up black/moonstone so when I finally decide on a grill, the GMC logo will get painted moonstone as well as some underhood pieces.
IMG_0026.sized.jpg

---------- Post added at 10:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:02 PM ----------

I got the antenna delete tip from here..

OP
OP
yooformula

yooformula

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yeah I know and its cheap enough but I got started on stuff and couldnt stop until I ran out of time...lol. I will eventually pick up the cover but for now, it wont bug me enough to warrant going to the dealership.

OP
OP
yooformula

yooformula

Full Access Member
Reaction score
it runs along the fender and strapped with wire ties. Crappy pic but you can get the idea. I just unbolted the base of the antenna after removing it then routed it under the hinge and used some eyelet crimps with a piece of wire to ground the base to the mounting location.

Attachments

• IMG_0121.jpg
    IMG_0121.jpg
    94.2 KB · Views: 65
OP
OP
yooformula

yooformula

Full Access Member
Reaction score
does that hurt the antenna strength enough to notice?

I went through every channel I had saved on presets and NONE were affected. I had read that for some that lost a channel or two, grounding it out reclaimed the lost channels so I grounded it out just in case.