got rear doors to open from inside

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ron C

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That got me too.
I did all the reading here before buying my SSV. Ordered the window switches, simple. Lock knobs and rod, easy.

Then tried to look for the cable. Had the thing apart for half a day. Checking part numbers, diagrams, every youtube video of how the doors come apart, how to replace parts, etc.

Used a mirror to try to look around, stuck a camera in my door to watch the mechanism...

Then saw the stupid child lock switch in the wrong position.

Yeah, when I noticed that one door would just open fine and the other one didn'... I realized, that I had the same situation with my Jeep GC... and rememberred the child lock.

So that was an easy fix

2011SSVHOE

I'm an egual oportunity offender
Reaction score
Then tried to look for the cable. Had the thing apart for half a day. Checking part numbers, diagrams, every youtube video of how the doors come apart, how to replace parts, etc.

Used a mirror to try to look around, stuck a camera in my door to watch the mechanism...

Stupid shit like that will drive you nuts. A few years back I was trying to get my 4wheeler started, no luck. started checking compression, than spark, after about an hour I figured out that it was the frickin kill switch. stupid me.

WTF

iLikeEggs

Potato!
Reaction score
Yeah, when I noticed that one door would just open fine and the other one didn'... I realized, that I had the same situation with my Jeep GC... and rememberred the child lock.

So that was an easy fix
It depends on the needs of the agency as to how their particular fleets are configured.
I wish mine was that easy, lol. One interesting tid bit... the key fobs are usually all configured the same for a particular fleet. Hmmm...

Ron C

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That got me too.
I did all the reading here before buying my SSV. Ordered the window switches, simple. Lock knobs and rod, easy.

I just remembered it because passengers in my Grand Cherokee were b*tching about me having the childlocks engaged on it... so after moving the handle for a minute and trying to listen for a cable moving I realized... "oh yeah maybe childlock ... " it was kinda a give away because one door worked and the other didn't. So unless a Monday morning vehicle, I knew something else was up then disconnected cables.

Ron

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
abruck