Got back from highway driving got 26.5 mpg in display

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jorge1313

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How my highway driving give me 26 mpg . But inthe city I get around 9 mpgs why is that . My city driving is mostly stop and go but to long at light.

Miami-Dade

Staff member
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That is awesome Jorge so you have absolutely nothing to complain. I have no idea what I get in my 5.3 in this miserable traffic and really do not care. Even on weekends I-95 is a disaster due to on going planned construction.

If vehicles in the Miami-Fort Lauderdale area did not have a/c there would be a lot more road rage.

Jorge if you want better mileage in very congested South Florida you going have to get a Hybrid like some of the parking enforcement vehicles in Miami Beach.

With that said it could take up to 60-90 minutes just to cross the 395 McArthur Causeway which should take a couple of short minutes. The 195 Julia Tuttle Causeway is no bargain either. After you cross and get to the other side expect gridlock until you get to your destination.

Jorge let this be your LAST Mileage Thread Post. Thank you!!

BG1988

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How my highway driving give me 26 mpg . But inthe city I get around 9 mpgs why is that . My city driving is mostly stop and go but to long at light.
I find the issue is using random gas stations...

I stick with Chevron ONLY from now on
No Arco, Shell or mobil blah

as soon as i started mixing with others brands the mileage tank and it tanked badly...

I was getting 48MPG in the city.... on the good stuff and it dropped like a rock.. to 8mpg

yes i do fully believe it was filling up correctly as the numbers on the Insist mpg drop to the 8-10mpg range for no reason... which is god awful even for the hybird model as even in worst possible conditions 18-20MPG is the typical Minimum on HY trim ..

maybe tow mode is on LOL i'll have to look into that..
10MPG is like a regular Tahoe with a 6.2L...

OR someone is stealing my gas :(

this happen to my grandpa they stole 1/2 tank of gas he wondered why he was getting only 5MPG LOL

with prices being almost 4$ a gallon this could be happening.. SUV and trucks are a prime target..

I might get some of those warranty VOID stickers and put them on my gas cover..

if it happenes again i'm going to drop my tank to 1/4 tank tell the prices blow over....

Last edited:

GTNator

Supporting Member
Reaction score

So are you happy now? I hope you are. That’s incredible mileage. I’ve gotten similar in my 6.2 on straightaway stretches on the highway.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BG1988

Full Access Member
Reaction score
In the crowded city you are always going to see low miles per gallon. It takes a lot of energy to move a near 5,000lb SUV from a stop.....
the electrical motors can move it to 29MPH from a stop

at 30mph I should at lest see an insist rating of 20 not 10.....i guess the gas at Arco really is garbage and not top tier..

you can only really choose 25MPH or 35 mph steady speed other wise the engine will turn on and off

8 cylinder deactivation active fuel management at 30MPH :rotflmao:

20190330_064045.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
Jorge1313

Jorge1313

Full Access Member
Reaction score
464BCDCF-0857-4420-B945-E9D948229EE2.jpeg Well got back from another trip to key west for air show . Here is the milage 310 miles round trip and fill up on back was a total of 14 gallons round trip. Total milage 22.4 mpg I did by refilling tank and seeing how many gallons take to fill up after trip. Fuel milage is a about there. About around what the computer averages out on display. I did go at constant speed 45 mpg. And loaded 6 people

Last edited:

dmad1

Reaction score
My '17 Tahoe 5.3 reads 2.5 mpg more than the pen and paper.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pepper1700