Google maps VS Apple car play

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LarryS

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
How do you turn off Google maps in 2023 Tahoe so as not to interfere with Car Play

OP
OP
L

LarryS

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
When i start the car google maps load first. Car play only loads 50% of the time. If i connect the usb cable than car play and apple maps start but will no longer work with Bluetooth.
How do you get car play/apple maps to load first?

WalleyeMikeIII

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When i start the car google maps load first. Car play only loads 50% of the time. If i connect the usb cable than car play and apple maps start but will no longer work with Bluetooth.
How do you get car play/apple maps to load first?
You Don't, System has to boot, then connect to your phone.
After the last update, the reliability of my phone connecting to Car Play wirelessly has been less reliable than it was before...hoping they address in a future update.
I have had success, when it didn't autoconnect, to hit the phone icon, select manage phones, hit disconnect, then after it disconnects, hit it again, and it will connect...hopefully they address this in an upcoming software fix.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AEHaas

Latest posts