Goofy electrical problem

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jobi-Wan Kenobi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Was cleaning up frame grounds in effort to troubleshoot another issue but now seems like I have a whole new issue.

When I start the engine I have the following symptoms now:
-ABS and parking brake indicators turn on when driving in reverse but turn off when driving forward
-pass lock light comes and goes
-fuel and oil pressure gauges are slow to respond
-stepping on brake pedal illuminates the turn signal lights on the gauge cluster and side view mirrors
-chime goes off when the indicator lights are illuminated
-service 4wd message displayed
-check engine light is for an EVAP code otherwise no codes pointing to anything
-sometimes the engine won't stay running
-turn signals don't work

Attachments

• 20230909_161441.jpg
    20230909_161441.jpg
    213.1 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:
OP
OP
Jobi-Wan Kenobi

Jobi-Wan Kenobi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm suspicious its something with the ground under the drivers door but I'm not sure where to go with it. Connections are clean and tight.

OP
OP
Jobi-Wan Kenobi

Jobi-Wan Kenobi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Alright I think I figured this out. Looking at the schematic some of the parts I was having trouble trouble with were associated with the G110 ground. According the service info I have (its for an 06 though) that ground is supposed to be on the frame by the front shock mount. I don't have a ground there. I do though have one on the frame right behind the front bumper. I went to check that one out and noticed that the ring terminal that doesn't have the little tab on it was up on top the frame so it was never even connected. So I got this connected and seems like that took care of the problem.

Attachments

• 20230909_182559.jpg
    20230909_182559.jpg
    170.6 KB · Views: 6

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ajdahl8660