GMC Intellink Update

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Hoganator

Reaction score
I have a 2016 Yukon Denali and I would like to update the Intellink but there is no option to do it and the dealership wants to charge me. Is there any way to do this without taking it to the dealership?

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have a 2016 Yukon Denali and I would like to update the Intellink but there is no option to do it and the dealership wants to charge me. Is there any way to do this without taking it to the dealership?
I have read that some of the gm techs are using the tech2 to do updates on the k2xx but I haven't tried it yet, that's the only function it would do on those vehicles otherwise it is not compatible.

OP
OP
Hoganator

Hoganator

Reaction score
I have read that some of the gm techs are using the tech2 to do updates on the k2xx but I haven't tried it yet, that's the only function it would do on those vehicles otherwise it is not compatible.

Does this mean I cannot do it myself? I was hoping for a DIY route instead of having to pay the dealership.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Does this mean I cannot do it myself? I was hoping for a DIY route instead of having to pay the dealership.
bottom line is unless you have already invested in the (electronic) tools needed then it's going to be cheaper to just have the dealer do it

Lenny44

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hello, I just purchased a used 2016 Yukon Denali. How do you know if you need the update? and is it required? what are the updates? Any info would be great.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
16yukon