GM Performance exhaust on 6.2L

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
hdrolling

hdrolling

Reaction score
Borla makes a great product that fits right. I'm still waiting for a backordered GM "performance exhaust" to come in that I know is a Borla product. Two weeks + now. I called Borla direct when I got the message "backordered" and the Borla customer service rep. said "tnat's ridiculous, I have four of them for the 5.3 right here in stock". !!!

Hmm, mine came in two days from NY to NC. Two weeks seems a bit long, where did you order from?

pro-v eddie

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
That sounds fantastic! I could see an upgrade on my 21 in the future. How much was the upgrade package?

Stonebx

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
GM Performance exhaust came in today, took me about 2 1/2-3hrs to get the stock one out and the new one in.
Fit and finish is great, went together with no issues.
Sounds almost like stock, on cold start up it's a little louder on our 6.2L but it quiets down quickly and gets very quiet.

Normal driving is just as quiet as stock, you hear the outside wind more than the exhaust. But when you give it some gas it really wakes up the sound and you can hear the exhaust with a nice aggressive tone but not over the top.
If your looking for quiet for a family SUV but want to hear your V8 when you get on it then this is a good choice.
The pics show how much smaller the resonators and muffler are compared to stock.

View attachment 349559
View attachment 349560
View attachment 349561
View attachment 349562
View attachment 349564
Hi,

Just curious any issues with droning?

Kmack

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
New tips welded on, a little bigger and no little hole vents inside like stock. Also have the Chevy bowtie on top and clean up more like chrome than the polished aluminum looking stock tips.

View attachment 350135
View attachment 350136
The tips do look wider and possibly thicker? Any chance you could take a pic from directly behind so all 4 cans are pointing directly at the camera phone?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wbhidalgo17