GEN X TRIMS Billet Grille

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dakota8

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
My wife just got a 2015 Yukon before Thanksgiving and I have been eager to add some accessories after reading through this forum, you guys know a lot of stuff. I ordered a GENXTRIMS Billet Grille and it came in the mail last night. I was happy with the construction as it is welded aluminum. Here is the link http://www.sleekautoaccessories.com...ushed-overlay-by-genx-trims?variant=752670249

For installation you bolt on the 4 separate pieces overtop the factory grill with a bracket that is on the inside of the factory grill. I am unable to get my hand behind the factory grille to put on the brackets so I figured I would take the grille off and install the 4 pieces and then out the grille back on. One person who reviewed this item on the website mentioned doing this.

First I removed the plastic cover overtop the front of the engine compartment. I then removed the 4 screws that hold the top of the factory grill on which I circled in Yellow in the picture. However I can't figure out how to remove the grille. Along the edges where I circled in red is a molded lip that latches onto metal of the vehicle. I can’t figure out how to get this loose. Would anyone with experience please give me a tip or tell me how to do it? Much appreciated. Thanks

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    95.5 KB · Views: 14
Last edited:
OP
OP
Dakota8

Dakota8

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Closeup of problem area

This pin is giving me the problem. It goes through the grille lip. Does anyone know how to take this pin out? Is there a certain tool I need? Any help would be appreciated.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    92.9 KB · Views: 15
OP
OP
Dakota8

Dakota8

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Installed

I was unable to remove the grille or bumper. I did find some instructions online to remove the bumper with attached grille but I was unsuccessful. I was however able to pry the top of the grill back enough from the engine compartment to allow my wife to fit her hand behind and put the nut and lock washer on the backside of the grille. I am very happy with the look.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    92.8 KB · Views: 20
OP
OP
Dakota8

Dakota8

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Front

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    94.2 KB · Views: 29
Last edited:

mohammad alrjoob

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
In fact this pin you need to take it out from bottom. but after you have the whole bumper, by nose player, you return the for edges inside & then, it will get out, or you need to cuts it & have plastic pin

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jemilioflores89