Gauge Cluster and Climate Control Module

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jeff McCollough

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hey ladies and gents, I have a 02' Tahoe and the climate control module AND the instrument gauge cluster have gone out. (mostly). On both, the inside lights work but on the CCM nothing on it works, the knobs, the display, nothing. On the gauge cluster the inside lights work also, the turn signals work and the oil pressure gauge work's and nothing else, no other gauge works, the DIC doesn't appear, the PRND321 doesn't appear. I have checked all fuses pertaining to those two items and they are all good. All the pins in the connectors are good and not bent or missing. Thinking it was the units themselves that just happened to go out at the same time I ordered new ones got them installed and it's the exact same thing with those, so there is definitely an issue somewhere in there I just have no idea and don't know what else to check? Any ideas before giving it to a shop to figure out and costing me an arm and a leg!

Thanks.....

MassHoe04

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If the Body Control Module (BCM) is the brains behind the two systems, things I might think of checking:
1) Clean and secure all ground contacts. (One that causes a lot of issues is the one on the outside of the frame under the driver's side A-pillar.)
2) Check the harness connections on the BCM. Look for corrosion or damage on pins and connectors. Clean with electric contact cleaner, if necessary. Make sure connectors are on tight and locked in.
3) Look for any damaged wires on the harness between the BCM and the cluster and the BCM and the HVAC controller.

Maybe you'll get lucky and find a connector that got knocked loose.

drewtx154

Reaction score
I have just about the same problem with a few differences. My cluster lights are not working, all my gauges work except the oil pressure gauge functions a lil wonky at times, DIC shines bright and works perfectly, PRDetc.... works althought a tad dim when headlights are turned on from switch, my CCM lights are out except for the recirculate, A/C, and defrost buttons at bottom work when selected on. All/most of the not working bulbs are good and I know this cuz when I run a jumper wire in my headlight switch, from the 12v constant to the dimmer pin in the harness in back of switch and have the headlights turned on, all those bulbs illuminate just fine. Leading my to suspect faulty headlight switch. I pulled the switch, took apart, cleaned all the traces and contacts (no soldering joints to resolder in the switch) I could find and checked all the fuses and all were good and still nothing. I haven't checked ground wiring in the members above comment about the A pillar ground but since I had success with jumper wire I wouldn't think it was a grounding issue so again my suspicion returns to the headlamp/headlight switch. I am by no means a mechanic or have a lot of experience fixing these kind of things, just my 2 cents on my problem that sounded similar to yours. U didn't mention anything about headlight switch so I would investigate that if you haven't already. Please post when u find a solution or answer to your problem. God bless and good luck

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
patrickleeleep