gas prices

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jossix

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
what are you guys doing? Is any one thinking of downgrading to a smaller more efficent ride? I love my yukon,and its my only vehicle but its becoming more expensive to operate on a daily basis.

Last edited:

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm getting ready to start filling up the burb with E85. The price of that is currently sitting below $3 per gallon and there are a few stations not too far from me so I'm going to start doing that. I DD my Grand Prix, though, and we only drive the Burb maybe 400 or 500 miles a month so the prices do suck but we don't feel the sting as much as if we actually drove our Burb more regularly.

DTAILS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hell, it's $3.60 for the cheap stuff here ........ sucks.

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah regular around here is 3.62 but for some reason E85 is like a dollar less :shrug:

Zed 71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm getting ready to start filling up the burb with E85. The price of that is currently sitting below $3 per gallon and there are a few stations not too far from me so I'm going to start doing that. I DD my Grand Prix, though, and we only drive the Burb maybe 400 or 500 miles a month so the prices do suck but we don't feel the sting as much as if we actually drove our Burb more regularly.

Have you run E85 before? In my experience, check cost in reference to mpgs. When I used it, it turned out to be more expensive.

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
maybe bc it's not as efficient and no one's buying it lol

IMO...If I'm saving $17 to $20 per fill up I could get 5 mpg less per tank and still be saving I think.

---------- Post added at 12:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:57 PM ----------

Have you run E85 before? In my experience, check cost in reference to mpgs. When I used it, it turned out to be more expensive.

See my previous post. I get probably 1 to 2 mpg less for the tank but saving $17 to $20 per fill up I'm still saving quite a bit per tank. Now if there was only 20 cents difference it wouldn't be worth it but a complete dollar per gallon is pretty huge!

Monarkk

Banned
Reaction score
No way, in Ca right now gas is averaging around 4.25$ and Ive seen prices up to 4.85$ for 87.

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
No way, in Ca right now gas is averaging around 4.25$ and Ive seen prices up to 4.85$ for 87.

where was that?? On the news last night they reported the highest in the country was $4.15... :hmm:

SabrToothSqrl

Full Access Member
Reaction score

I was just going to say that!

E85 is a scam and does not work. It will destroy your car, engine and kill your MPG

http://www.fueleconomy.gov/feg/bymodel/2007_Chevrolet_Tahoe.shtml

what you want is $/mile NOT JUST $ Per gallon of X

87 (which has the most energy per gallon) gets me about 16.5mpg

at $3.65/ gallon that's $0.22 / mile.

E85 is $3.00 in my area: from the above site; you get 12 MPG.

$3.00 / 12 MPG= $0.25 / mile.

E85 FAIL.

it takes more fuel, land, time, and MONEY to make it, then it just destroys your engine.

F*** E85.

Ok, what u need to know: E85 reduces MPG by 25%.

so unless the cost of E85 is 25% OR MORE, LESS than gas, it's a losing game.

Also, add the costs of added engine malfunction, fuel tank damage, etc. (just look up boats and E85)

Not to mention the 'cost' of only getting 300 miles to a tank vs 400! driving to / from the gas station wastes your gas and TIME....

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kfriesen91