Gas Pedal Touchy

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mike6681

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
New guy here, got alot of info off this sight already, great site, finally decided to registure since i have a problem of my own.

Did a search on subject and was curious if any one else has my problem. I have 2003 Yukon SLT with adustable pedals, its seems that my gas pedal is really touchy to the point when you hit bumps the gas pedal is bouncing along with the bumps and its a hard to keep throttle in same place, does the springs wear out on the gas pedal, can you make the pedal stiffer anyway to make it not so responisve when you hit bumps. Any one with same issue, I noticed it before, but when i redid the exhaust with a flowmaster you really notice it, like someone if just jabing the gas pedal when driving.

tahoe7689

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ya not sure what the deal is my 03 tahoe with adj. pedals does the same thing. It has done that since I bought it with 70000 miles on it

OP
OP
M

mike6681

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I dont get it either, i had a 03 silverado with same setup and never had a problem with it so it got me thinking.

tahoe7689

Full Access Member
Reaction score
you maybe right about the spring, my dad's 02 avalanche is older with more miles and it doesn't do that(no adj. pedals). maybe our springs have just worn, I would be interested to find out what the problem is, I have just dealt with it, but now that you mention it, it is very annoying

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
greygranny