FYI, 2013 Tahoe SSV specs

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Solace

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I ran into that one too, wonder how much the 'audio' wiring in a regular Tahoe is different from an SSV one.
No difference whatsoever for the standard AM/FM radio. Replaced the stock one in mine with a Sony double-din. Just make sure you get the right kit for the antenna adaptor and to retain accessory power.

OP
OP
Ron C

Ron C

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No difference whatsoever for the standard AM/FM radio. Replaced the stock one in mine with a Sony double-din. Just make sure you get the right kit for the antenna adaptor and to retain accessory power.

I have also seen "factory upgrades" on ebay that allegedly work, as a direct replacement (replace the AM/FM radio with an AM/FM/GPS one would be smething I am interested in.

I am still wondering a bit about the Rear Seat Audio, how likely that can be made to work (although so far I pretty much heard discouraging sounds)

Lightning 95

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Lot's of good information there. I now see why to PPV tires cost so much, heavy, and ride like LT tires.
The Goodyears are 8 ply. I just checked my Firestones, and they are just 5 ply.

Last edited: