Fuel tank strap bolts

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Looks the same to me. I now have to get new straps cause one broke and I need a new lock ring hopefully not a new tank also. Hope I can save it.

You could always hit the local UPull if you have one and the trucks aren't too rusty.... Be sure you get the right lock ring. I'm pretty certain that the Flex version is different from the non-Flex ring. Maybe not, though; I know the pumps are different.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Pull that pump, clean it up and see what you’ve got. Kind of hard to tell until then. I think you’ll be fine. I have to say I’ve never seen that much rust on a fuel pump before.

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Obviously clean it up as much as possible before pulling the pump. Keep that crap out of the tank.

OP
OP
Caveman

Caveman

Reaction score
This is what you get living in upstate NY but on the other hand I've owned this truck for 12 years and this is the first time I've pulled the tank. Ill get after it sometime today.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Smokin Denali

Latest posts