Fuel Pickup broke.. again.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

titanium02

w7's or bust.
Reaction score
A few years ago I had to have the pickup in the fuel tank fixed. Once the car got under a 1/4 tank.. it wouldn't start. It will run all the way down to fumes.. but just won't start if you turn it off under a 1/4 tank.

Very annoying problem on a 15mpg veichle..

Well now it's at it again. It costs like $800 to fix.. so that's out of the question. I just wanted to see if anyone else has this problem..

Also, I'm not sure if it's related.. but I go to start my car (full tank) one morning.. and right when it cranks over and you let the key go.. it dies. It grunts and diesels at very low RPM for a second. You can sit there for 15 minutes trying to start it. It cranks instantly.. but immediately dies once you let the key go.

I thought I was going to have to get it towed to a shop... but I go to start it that night.. and it was like it never happened. This was about a month ago and I've had no issues since.

Just a scare? Or do I need to get my baby checked out?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pepper1700